YZ450F 2011 aftermarket seat?

Yamaha YZ450F 2011

6 replies to this topic
  • m.ross83

Posted December 22, 2012 - 05:56 AM

Does anybody know if there are any companies or shops that make an aftermarket seat for the YZF450?
I just bought a 2011 model and the previous owner changed the stock seat for an acerbis x-seat and the thing is solid! Either that or does anyone want to swap stock for x-seat??

Thanks

Mike.

• Jonnoh

Posted December 22, 2012 - 09:53 AM

I'm having a similar issue with finding a complete aftermarket seat. I posted something the other day regarding looking for a step seat and the sdg website doesn't show anything after 09. One of the replies suggested contacting sdg directly and said the website wasn't up to date..... I haven't made the call yet, but that's my plan. Otherwise I'll go with guts or something similar and just buy a cover and build it myself. The guts foam is really nice, even in their standard height. It's not too soft or too hard, just right.

• poppa

Posted December 22, 2012 - 12:43 PM

I have a friend that has an apolstry business, he hooks me up on what ever type of seat set up we want, step, ripple, taller, he can raise the seat height almost 2 inchs with a new stock seat cover.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WouldsAssassin

Posted December 22, 2012 - 09:32 PM

I'm having a similar issue with finding a complete aftermarket seat. I posted something the other day regarding looking for a step seat and the sdg website doesn't show anything after 09. One of the replies suggested contacting sdg directly and said the website wasn't up to date..... I haven't made the call yet, but that's my plan. Otherwise I'll go with guts or something similar and just buy a cover and build it myself. The guts foam is really nice, even in their standard height. It's not too soft or too hard, just right.

SDG's website doesnt show anything for any brand bike after 09. Call em and give them a &%$#@!. When I had my custom seat made a year ago they said the website was being updated. Great service though best I've ever gotten from a moto vendor.

• niles

Posted December 23, 2012 - 11:16 PM

Factory Effex bump seat.

• niles

Posted December 23, 2012 - 11:31 PM

https://www.thumpert...8-p4455086.html

• m.ross83

Posted January 08, 2013 - 05:05 AM

Thanks Niles...just ordered one now!! Can't deal with a sore ass for 2 days after riding!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2010-13 Issues? by Calhoun117

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2010/2011 YZ450 Owner EFI & Timing Map Database by grayracer513

• Hot  40 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2011 by ThumperTalk

Yamaha YZ450F 2011
  • * * * * -
  • 14 reviews
  • Last review by Le_Racer
  • On September 23, 2016
Forums
Photo

2011 YZ450 feels chopperd by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  67 replies
Forums
Photo

2011 YZ450F Hot Start Problems by brandonkranich

• Hot  26 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.