Starter motor issues

No replies to this topic
  • dicko450

Posted December 19, 2012 - 11:39 PM

Hey guys, got an issue with the e-start on my 08 wr450. Had the carb out doing some re-jetting and when I reassembled everything the e-start wouldn't work, just clicking noise from the relay. Thought the battery must have lost it's mojo as it's got a few years on it and it's been sitting for awhile so bought a new battery but still no go, checked wiring and all seems good so took starter motor off and it seems seized i.e. can't spin the drive gear at all. I took the starter apart but there's a circlip holding the front cover on which I can't get at, can anyone tell me if there's a bearing in there that might be seized or if anyone has experienced this problem before ? Cheers.

Edited by dicko450, December 19, 2012 - 11:58 PM.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.