2005 frame guards? Where can I find them?

5 replies to this topic
  • mslow

Posted December 17, 2012 - 05:11 AM

Hey fellas, hoping you can help me out. So far you guys are batting a thousand, so big thanks in advance.
I'm looking for some decent frame guards for my '05 wr450.
Also, if there's anything you guys have done in the past, please share.
I was considering bed liner, like a rhino lining used there, but not sure yet.

• MANIAC998

Posted December 17, 2012 - 06:04 AM

I bought some plastic frame guards that fit the older models, and was able to modify them decently enough to fit my '06 WR. The right side fits without modification, but the left frame rail is wider, so the plastic guard had to be whittled down so that it would fit flush.

WR450 002.JPG WR450 003.JPG WR450 004.JPG

• mslow

Posted December 17, 2012 - 06:28 AM

nice, where they from?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted December 17, 2012 - 06:33 AM

I don't remember! :confused:

But like I said, there off of the older model Yamaha's. 400/426?

• mslow

Posted December 17, 2012 - 06:40 AM

haha, i have a very limited memory as well..... :rolleyes:
thanks for the tip!

• KGSloan

Posted December 20, 2012 - 06:54 PM

i think works connection has some - i bought mine from them a couple years ago at least, seems like they were one of the only ones that make them.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.