BRP decals

20 replies to this topic
  • hodakaharold

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

• I have seen several red BRP oval shaped decals on several big red pigs on this site and wondered where I could get some?

• natey

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

• I have seen several red BRP oval shaped decals on several big red pigs on this site and wondered where I could get some?

Unfortunately, these stickers are only awarded to those who have achieved a minimum of 1000 posts within the period of a week and a half, have acquired at least 15 thumpertalk friends by sending them each a gift-wrapped case of Samuel Adams, and do not live in, or ever lived in, and do not have any ties to the state of Kansas.

Edited by natey, 17 December 2012 - 04:02 AM.

• ThumpNRed

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

There's that Hodaka thing too. I think there's a rule about that as well. ;)

• martinfan30

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:43 AM

Unfortunately, these stickers are only awarded to those who have achieved a minimum of 1000 posts within the period of a week and a half, have acquired at least 15 thumpertalk friends by sending the MODS each a gift-wrapped case of Samuel Adams, and do not live in, or ever lived in, and do not have any ties to the state of Kansas.

Fixed for ya...

• natey

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

Fixed for ya...

haha.......looks like you fixed it for you cause i don't see any me in it.

• brianhare

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

Freekin mods get all the fringe benefits........us "little people" never get squat.......... :banghead:

B

• martinfan30

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

Freekin mods get all the fringe benefits........us "little people" never get squat.......... :banghead:

B

Well...

Ya!!

;)

• hodakaharold

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Wow, if I would have known, I would never have moved back to Kansas from Slippery Rock, PA. The Hodaka thing is my roots, why I have been a dual purpose guy for longer than I want to admit! The minimum of 1000 posts within the period of a week and a half, have acquired at least 15 thumpertalk friends by sending the MODS each a gift-wrapped case of Samuel Adams, that would be a total waste of time, besides, I live in a dry county, this is Kansas ya know.

• ThumpNRed

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

I will admit that Hodaka had some of the coolest names for their bikes. Dirt Squirt, Road Toad, Combat Wombat to name a few. Bikes in the '70s had character (crappy suspension too, but that's a different topic)

• natey

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

Wow, if I would have known, I would never have moved back to Kansas from Slippery Rock, PA. The Hodaka thing is my roots, why I have been a dual purpose guy for longer than I want to admit! The minimum of 1000 posts within the period of a week and a half, have acquired at least 15 thumpertalk friends by sending the MODS each a gift-wrapped case of Samuel Adams, that would be a total waste of time, besides, I live in a dry county, this is Kansas ya know.

well now ya know, so get your ass back here to civilization.........

dry county,,,,,,,,prohibition still lives regardless of the repeal a lifetime ago....what about cannabis setiva then?

okay, i understand, just send me the money and i'll desseminate the sam adams for you.

My Hodaka story:

one day i popped into the garage and caught my dad, who had adamantly disapproved of my having bought a motocycle(just married and one in the oven), sitting on my Norton Atlas static riding. Short time thereafter he bought a new 100cc Hodaka and started learning to ride. Fun little bike that entices one to do crazy shit(that's my excuse anyway).

Anyway, one winter day circa 1965, in the midst of a serious motorcycle withdrawal attack, fortunately during a heavy snowstorm, i opened the garage door, kicked her over, and took off up the road as close to where I thought the middle was.

I can still see it like it was yesterday. Nobody out there but me and Mr.HodaK,,,,,,,,,,,no traffic, no snowplows, just blizz snowing, about a foot plus of the white stuff and no sign of letting up. Got up to WFO in a block or so and held her up as long as I could before being thrown down into the pure white powder. A few of these pillowy crashes and i was about froze,,,,,,,,, NGATT....didn't even own any gear, but fun that stays with ya over time.

• davek18

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:29 AM

Did your Hodaka have BRP decals on it?

• hodakaharold

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

Both of my pigs have Hodaka stickers on both side plates to pay tribute to my 1st bike

• hodakaharold

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

I spoke to my local graphics lady, she is making me some BRP decals. She made me some Johnny Campbell 1X numbers for my XR650R and 11X for my XR600R.

• ThumpNRed

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

It just occured to me that what you are looking for may be Billet Racing Products (BRP) decals. $5.00 will get you a stack of them.http://www.brpmoto.c...ategory_id=2191

• hodakaharold

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

You are correct, I really didn't know what they were, I just assumed it was big red pig, my decals I have ordered will say Big Red Pig in small letters below each letter.

I just requested a custom license plate several weeks ago, my 1st choice was WFO but the state of Kansas rejected that. I guess they know what it meant per grand national flat trackers.

• mikesbaron

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

A few years ago before I sold my XRR and bought my CRX I had these custom graphics made for it by Guts Racing. The "BRP" of course stands for Big Red Pig and not Billet Racing Products. lol.
Posted Image

I thought they were too cool and ironic that when looking for new graphics for the CRX I decided to go all white ala Pastrana's bike he raced in Baja years ago and then had these fabbed up. BRP....Big Red Pig still!

Attached Thumbnails

• 563489_10151318035334150_1189215726_n.jpg

• ThumpNRed

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

A few years ago before I sold my XRR and bought my CRX I had these custom graphics made for it by Guts Racing. The "BRP" of course stands for Big Red Pig and not Billet Racing Products. lol.

I hate to break your bubble, but the logo on your bike is "Billet Racing Products" trademark.
Check it out...http://www.brpmoto.com/home

• mikesbaron

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:51 AM

Yes I KNOW it's supposed to be a Billet Racing Products logo but for those of us who know the XRR line up well and by the term Big Red Pig...it does in fact stand for BIG RED PIG!

• ThumpNRed

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:18 AM

Yes I KNOW it's supposed to be a Billet Racing Products logo but for those of us who know the XRR line up well and by the term Big Red Pig...it does in fact stand for BIG RED PIG!

Yes, I KNOW that BRP means Big Red Pig... but that PARTICULAR LOGO is a trademark of Billet Racing Products. And ... by the way is what the original poster was asking about... red oval stickers with BRP printed on them.

• mikesbaron

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

Yes I KNOW.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

&%$#@!ing XR650R manual ... by carlgustav

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

2008 Honda xr650L Re-Jetting after Exhaust Modifications by ManFug

• 4 replies
Forums
Photo

hi from the Netherlands by okay73

• 0 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L owner here. by chrisross

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF250 L/M
  • 15 replies
Forums
Photo

Funny story out of my FCR tuning saga! by bradrup

• 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.