What is the weight difference for exhuasts?

3 replies to this topic
  • galant2nr

Posted November 17, 2003 - 04:11 PM

I have recently thought of getting a new exhuast for my WR426. I have always said I didn't need one because the bike was fast enough and the exhuast is nice looking. Now I am starting to think about the weight difference I might get. What kind of weight difference have people seen from stock to aftermarket? Could you feel the difference? It seems like a couple pounds of loss off the top of the bike could make a difference. Thoughts?
Should I be looking elsewhere for my diet?
:)

• MiniMadMan50

Posted November 17, 2003 - 11:47 PM

I've heard (and believe) that the stock WR426 exhaust system weighs something absurd like 11 pounds. A full titanium FMF exhaust system is under 6 pounds, and so is a Yosh system I believe. White Bro's carbon fiber system is even less than those two (it's also 900 bucks).
I haven't put a new exhaust on my 01 WR426 yet, but on my YZ250F I have the FMF titanium system, and I think it makes a big difference, weight and powerwise. If I had the money, exhaust is the first thing I would do to my 426. But since it's just a desert/trail play bike, all my money goes into my 250F :) .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jekel

Posted November 18, 2003 - 04:17 PM

If you want to just lose weight and get a good power improvement, get the supertrapp. Big weight difference and noticable power improvement for under $200. Looks good too. Just have everyone say how their pipes are better;-) but it still puts enough power out to run with the big pipes. :)

• jobstress

Posted November 19, 2003 - 07:52 AM

I have been looking at the titainium pipes but I ride mosly woods and have been wounder if the Q would be more appropiate even though it would be heavier.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.