SO....what did you do to your YZ today?

Yamaha YZ400 Yamaha YZ426F Yamaha YZ450F

42 replies to this topic
  • Yamaryder29

Posted January 15, 2013 - 06:50 PM

Last week I put on new plastic and graphics. Today, I ordered a new set of suspension springs for the front and rear. Went with .48 on the front and 5.6 on the year. Can't wait to get them installed. Tomorrow, I'm going to look into a enzo preload ring. It makes adjusting the sag so easy.

• mhebert68

Posted January 19, 2013 - 04:08 PM

Moose Rad Braces.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Yamaryder29

Posted January 19, 2013 - 07:21 PM

Here she is, all new plastic, graphics, and new bump seat. I removed and regreased all the suspension bearings today along with installing my [color=#000000]new suspension springs. The new spring rates are .48 kg/mm on the forks and 5.6 kg/mm on the shock spring. I also installed a Enzo racing preload ring, which makes adjusting the sag very easy. I can't wait to do some outdoors riding.[/color][color=#000000]Posted Image[/color][/size][/font]

Edited by Yamaryder29, January 19, 2013 - 07:22 PM.

• asnyder2

Posted January 19, 2013 - 08:52 PM

New piston kit, timing chain, clutch, checked valves. At 100 hrs Everything but piston was in spec and piston wasn't out by much!

• marv02

Posted January 20, 2013 - 05:13 PM

Finished putting My 426 with 3mm big bore kit Wr Transmission and ported head back together and running today I still have to get the Jettting right it lean in the midrange I will rasie the needle and see if that cures this lean issues.

Next it getting the motor fine tuned in.

Next project is send the Supension out to get it revalved.

• buellover

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:38 AM

Not just today, but over the past two weeks, spending the winter getting it ready for next year.

Pulled the carb and dipped it, installed a different fuel screw, love the straight one compared to the cable fuel screw.
Tried to fix a twisted radiator, started leaking, so now I bought new radiators. Now I've had to replace the stock radiators, each year. Well now I have brand new radiators, let see how the aftermarket ones hold up.
Reshimming the valves
New hot start cable
Lubed all the other cables, cleaned the throttle tube, cleaned the inside of the airbox.
I'm running out of things to do on it, and there is a lot of winter left.

• slideleft

Posted January 24, 2013 - 04:14 AM

New Fredette rear,why do i always spoon on ice tires in the winter ?

Edited by slideleft, January 26, 2013 - 03:13 AM.

• mhebert68

Posted January 27, 2013 - 06:19 PM

New Fredette rear,why do i always spoon on ice tires in the winter ?

Cuz u like the smell of blood. LOL

• slideleft

Posted January 28, 2013 - 12:48 PM

well yesterday i raced it !

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG952329.jpg

• cereal killer

Posted January 29, 2013 - 10:31 AM

Since I haven't had much opportunity to ride lately, I've been doing a bit of maintenance almost everyday. Today I cleaned the carburetor and got carried away with some paint.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yamaryder29

Posted January 29, 2013 - 10:43 AM

Since I haven't had much opportunity to ride lately, I've been doing a bit of maintenance almost everyday. Today I cleaned the carburetor and got carried away with some paint.

Posted Image
Posted Image

That looks pretty sweet. Is that powdercoat or did you paint them by hand? I like the colors.

• cereal killer

Posted January 29, 2013 - 11:16 AM

Thanks. It's Painted using "dupli-color metalcast" spray paint. It's supposed to mimic an anodized coating. It's translucent (I.e you can see what's underneath) so you have to polish the part first. Then I coloured-in the letters by hand and coated it with a few layers of clear for some durability.

It'll probably scratch off eventually, but it's a breeze to take off with some gel paint remover (I did a test before painting). So I can just strip it and do it over when it starts to look bad. I might not bother to do the lettering next time... That took some fiddling.

• coop450f

Posted January 29, 2013 - 10:35 PM

Been working on my baby for a while now!!! did a bunch to it so far this winter but way to lazy to list them right now!!!!!! lol

2008 YZ 450f

What do you guys think????

COOP

Attached Thumbnails

• Yammy20131.jpg
  • Yammy20132.jpg

• seatec

Posted January 30, 2013 - 09:07 AM

2012 YZ450
Hour meter.
2" Bar raise
Cycra probend bark busters
AVS shorty Clutch/Break
Rekluse EXP 2.0
Heavier springs front / Back
Number plate stickers

It never ends.

• mhebert68

Posted February 05, 2013 - 05:57 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• mhebert68

Posted February 08, 2013 - 03:07 PM

http://s219.beta.pho...f35591.mp4.html

• seatec

Posted February 08, 2013 - 04:25 PM

That is badd ass

Edited by seatec, February 08, 2013 - 04:25 PM.

• Greg Pennsiltucky Lykens

Posted February 08, 2013 - 06:10 PM

I did this bike last year, but none the less, it rocked. The TTX Ohlins is pretty good, although I wouldn't buy it again unless I was racing pro. Does make the bike steer like a RM though....

Posted Image

• mhebert68

Posted February 09, 2013 - 10:46 AM

I did this bike last year, but none the less, it rocked. The TTX Ohlins is pretty good, although I wouldn't buy it again unless I was racing pro. Does make the bike steer like a RM though....

Posted Image

wats with the bike in the back? crash or stealing parts?? lol

• Greg Pennsiltucky Lykens

Posted February 11, 2013 - 06:31 PM

I have to lower the bars to get both of these bikes, plus one other into the van. Tie straps still on the bikes for tie downs. Looks like it was wadded up though.........LOL

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.