shock gas damn menace kid..................

12 replies to this topic
  • enriquefromhonduras

Posted October 25, 2001 - 06:37 AM

man i went to a friends carwash and he has a kid working and he punched the gas reservior whith a stick and took the gas out what can ido do i have to send it to a shop for refuel
nitrogengas again. please help me with opinions
enrique

• sirhk

Posted October 25, 2001 - 06:49 AM

I'm not sure how much pressure is needed in them but here in the US most welding supply shops can fill them. It's cheap and can be done on the bike. Check any local welding places or any local motorcycle dealers. I can have it done at a welding supply shop for $10.

------------------
Khris
"What's that?"
"It's a Yellow 99' YZ400!!"

• enriquefromhonduras

Posted October 25, 2001 - 06:57 AM

but whats the name of the gas and thanks man
for your great help now i know what i can do.

• sirhk

Posted October 25, 2001 - 07:13 AM

Oh sorry, I believe it just Nitrogen. Hopefully someone else will back me up on that. That seems to be what I remember them filling mine with when they filled it. I do remember it was cheap!!

------------------
Khris
"What's that?"

• enriquefromhonduras

Posted October 25, 2001 - 07:21 AM

thanks sirhk youve been a lot of help i knew it was nitrogen but need to know how many pounds.
thanks for the help

• john.hilton@cape.k12.de.u

Posted October 25, 2001 - 07:31 AM

Owner's manual tells you the pressure.
I'm at work now, so I can't look at mine.
John

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sirhk

Posted October 25, 2001 - 07:39 AM

Definately check the manual, it'll tell the pressure. It's probably around 200PSI but don't quote me on that.

------------------
Khris
"What's that?"

• enriquefromhonduras

Posted October 25, 2001 - 07:47 AM

thank you guys youve been alot of help ill check my manual for details .
i love this forum its magic
motocross all the way

• Chris_Slade

Posted October 25, 2001 - 11:38 AM

When I had my KX's shock charged, it was to 150 psi. Nitrogen, yes. My uncle charged it to 175 when he did it for us. I would thing yeah, around 175 +/- 25 psi. A bike shop SHOULD know this....

------------------
'01 KTM 520 SX
'95 KX 250 FOR SALE!!! -asking $1900 with decent amount of plastics/decals, parts!!
'02 Yamaha TTR-90 (I won it!) for sale as well - asking $1500
AMA Dist 6 Member
Hare Scramble Class B #523

• enriquefromhonduras

Posted October 25, 2001 - 11:49 AM

yeah chriss i wrote to a friend in costa rica
and he told me it wasnt big deal its nitrogen and told me like all the friends that posted before to look at the manual
for more info.
but thank god it can be done locally for me its very expensive cause i have to send it to the us.
thanks for the help

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted October 25, 2001 - 11:51 AM

These things take somewhere around 200 lbs. of nitrogen. It can be tricky to get right cause when you disconnect you can lose a lot of pressure. If you don't get it right it will not perform properly. I would think about taking it to a shop for this.

• MX_Tuner

Posted October 27, 2001 - 08:44 AM

The stock pressure is 10bar (147 psi). Bumping the pressure up to about 175 won't hurt a thing. Nitrogen is the preferred gas but air pressure will work in a pinch.

• enriquefromhonduras

Posted October 27, 2001 - 09:25 PM

thanks buddy i went to a shop and filled them with nitrogen gas 140 pounds but on the wr4oof it got a little better but with the yz
it has the 142 pressure but when you sink the shock it only travels two or three inches and hits something hard like if it wont travel deeper do i need to do something else on the shock seems like the gas hasnt mixed with the oil any opinions.
thanks

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.