Rekluse CORE EXP Add-on Kit - anyone running one?

Yamaha YZ450F 2011 Brand Rekluse

10 replies to this topic
  • mhog1234

Posted December 11, 2012 - 11:57 AM

Just joined the YZ450F family with the purchase of a 2011. The bike is awesome and is already tricked out with a number of offroad goodies. I'm coming off a 2010 KX450F with a Rekluse CORE EXP auto clutch. The Yamaha has a Rekluse Manual CORE clutch and I'm thinking about getting the CORE EXP Add-on kit for tight, single track riding. Anyone running the anti-stalling add-on kit? If so, what do you think?

• idahojoe

Posted December 11, 2012 - 12:43 PM

Core EXP add on kit turns it into the Core EXP, the same clutch you had in your KX.

• Stu2

Posted December 12, 2012 - 12:32 AM

I have the exp, it works great for woods riding, no need to spend the extra for the core exp, ive run it a whole season of racing and its still perfect

• grayracer513

Posted December 12, 2012 - 07:02 AM

In this case, the bike already has the Core Manual, so the add-on kit he's talking about is the same sort of thing as dropping an EXP into a stock clutch, both from a price and installation viewpoint.

• Moscow Roost

Posted December 12, 2012 - 03:53 PM

I love my Core EXP on my 09. Makes tight technical stuff so much easier.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mhog1234

Posted December 13, 2012 - 12:48 PM

Thx. Yes, I already have the manual clutch and am thinking about adding on the add-on, so I can switch it to auto. Sounds like some have good experience with this option.

• grayracer513

Posted December 13, 2012 - 02:31 PM

I don't use either one, but I do have the older style Z-Start Pro in mine, and I am NOT planning on giving it up any time soon. The benefits to trail and technical riding are huge. The Core upgraded to a Core EXP should be good, too.

• Gunner354

Posted December 14, 2012 - 07:58 PM

I don't use either one, but I do have the older style Z-Start Pro in mine, and I am NOT planning on giving it up any time soon. The benefits to trail and technical riding are huge. The Core upgraded to a Core EXP should be good, too.

Not long ago you were saying they werent worth using. Nice to see you finally came around. I will never own a Dirtbike without a Rekluse.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted December 15, 2012 - 05:10 PM

I have a EXP 2.0 in my 2011 450 (just the Ring). If I wanted to make it a Core EXP wouldn't I have to get the Rekluse plates (friction/Steel) and the outer cover and Basket? Not sure if they have a inner hub and pressure plate.

• Moscow Roost

Posted January 09, 2013 - 05:45 PM

I have a EXP 2.0 in my 2011 450 (just the Ring). If I wanted to make it a Core EXP wouldn't I have to get the Rekluse plates (friction/Steel) and the outer cover and Basket? Not sure if they have a inner hub and pressure plate.

I upgraded my disc only to the Core EXP for about $500 direct from Rekluse. It included the plates, clutch cover, and pressure plate. It may have come with new springs but I can't remember for sure. The basket is not included and isn't needed unless yours is worn. Honestly, after running just the disc and now having the Core EXP, I'm not sure it is worth the money, but I'm totally satisfied. I didn't like the hard clutch pull and was worried about premature wear due to less plates. Not sure if less plates is a real issue or not, but it helped convince my wife to help me fork out the $$ he he The clutch feels just like stock other than I rarely have to use it. It has made a vertically challenged dude like myself ride tight nasty stuff in trees just like all my 6'6" buddies.

• DMC707

Posted January 10, 2013 - 12:40 PM

I have the same one as Gray --- cannot fathom riding a big bore 4 stroke without one ever again.

That said, i am just going with the EX plate system on my latest scoot (a CRF-X) --- they say it makes it a little harder to pull at the lever than stock, but i dont touch the lever anymore anyway ----

The upgraded Core EXP should be a worthy program for sure

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Need some advice from more experince dirt riders by Jorge

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  83 replies
Forums
Photo

2008 CRF450 : another back to life...... by manitoban

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF450R/RX
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Rekluse Abuse by Sycamore

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  101 replies
Reviews

Rekluse EXP Core 3.0 auto-clutch by jskidmore

Drive Drivetrain Rekluse EXP Core 3.0 auto-clutch, Brand Rekluse
  • * * * * -
  • 11 reviews
  • Last review by Mark Matthews
  • On January 08, 2017
Forums
Photo

The Downside to Technology and Rider Aids by CDNSXV

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Off-Road Riding Technique
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  249 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.