2012 wr450f what map comes on comp ECU?

3 replies to this topic
  • Jmulhollen

Posted December 09, 2012 - 10:22 PM

Have a question for those out there. Picked up by bike the other day and broke it in. Have the comp ECU as well as fmf gytr pipe to toss on. I have a question though.....what mapping comes on the comp ECU? I didn't buy a tuner and probably can't until after Christmas.

Now that I'm on the topic I noticed today that after the bike was warm I didn't notice a change in idle when turning the screw. Are these much less sensitive that carbs when it comes to turning in or out an idle adjustment screw? First FI bike.

• tomerb

Posted December 10, 2012 - 03:16 PM

When you hook up the Power Tuner for the first time you'll see all zeros and that's the stock map.

I road mine with the stock map to see what it was like a few rides than adjusted from there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jmulhollen

Posted December 10, 2012 - 10:45 PM

I assumed I would need the tuner......jackpot!

• tomerb

Posted December 11, 2012 - 05:50 PM

You will need a tuner to change the base map but it will run fine with the base map.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.