Illinois Riding areas/tracks

8 replies to this topic
  • Flyhigh

Posted October 24, 2001 - 09:38 PM

I live in Illinois (near Springfield) and I want to know some good surrounding areas to ride MX or any other type of riding. Anyone know any?

------------------
A bike is only as good as the rider.

• tuck

Posted October 28, 2001 - 05:53 PM

Hey Flyhigh! its good to see another IL rider on this board. They might be a bit of a drive for you, (I live Naperville) but I will list the tracks I ride.
1-Joilet Motorsports park Willmington 815-476-7433 or jolietmx.com (stadium layout)also my favorite.
2-Buffalo range 815-433-2471 Ottawa (mx)fun track on raceday or after a rain the day before otherwise its a dust bowl.
3- SunsetRidge find link at megacross.com
Awsome track! Sandy loam, great jumps, always well groomed and watered limited practices though. Hope this is helpful.

• Flyhigh

Posted October 29, 2001 - 10:15 PM

Thanks, I might try some of those tracks sometime. The only tracks I know of close to me right now are...
1. South-Fork Dirtriders(mx and trails) about 30 mins. away from me. and
2. A track in Mt Olive that I cannot see to find what its called or where it is there or anything. Do you know anything about it? Anyways, thanks for the help!

• tuck

Posted October 29, 2001 - 12:42 PM

I almost forgot,you also can go on motocrossactionmagazine.com and go to the track guide for IL it lists discriptions and #s .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WRFUN

Posted October 31, 2001 - 12:16 PM

Tuck,

Are these for us old slow guys also :). I think I need to check some of these out. Thanks

Pete

• tuck

Posted October 31, 2001 - 10:24 PM

WRFUN Being one of the oldest and also the slowest,I would have to say yes. I would stay away from Joliet Motosports if you dont'like DBL-DBL-DBL timing sections although they do split classes,and quite a few C class riders go there.Ottawa is a old school track with enough woods trails around it to get you lost for days. Sunset Ridge is also not very technical but the sandy loam is watered all day, nicely groomed and is worth the drive when they have a practice.See ya!

[ November 01, 2001: Message edited by: tuck ]

• Tim

Posted November 01, 2001 - 09:43 AM

Hey guys,
Another IL. rider here. Anyone up for Buffalo Range this saturday? Another place to ride (but not without a drive) is Badlands in Attica In. Pretty fun. Lots of sand to keep you on your toes.... Sunset ridge? never heard of that one. Other than that, welcome to Illinois. If it weren't for the job market around here, I would be history. We are right in the middle of anything fun. Skiing, Hunting, Riding..no mountains, curvy roads... I guess I pick the wrong hobbies.

• WRFUN

Posted November 01, 2001 - 01:03 PM

Tim, Tuck..

I agree Chicago sucks for everthing but work. Also, I would like to take you up on the offer for Buffalo Range, but I already told my brother-in-law I would go down by him and ride, taking the kids also. I think they need to get out just as bad as the old men. Good family fun!!!. Keep me in mind next time Champion187@core.com is my E-mail. How are the trails at Buffalo Range I heard alot of people get hurt out there, something not for kids? Have fun. :)

Pete

• tuck

Posted November 02, 2001 - 09:57 AM

Tim,
I think we are planing on B-Range Sat.
Look for us on the track,I'm on a 01 426 with Pro Source graphics #19, my buddy is on a450f #88 see ya there!

p.s I see alot of kids at B-Range.They also have a pee wee track.

[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: tuck ]

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.