Loosening throttle tube

4 replies to this topic
  • norm02

Posted December 05, 2012 - 08:02 PM

After reading the direction for my new hand guards (Enduro Engineering) I'm a bit confused as to how you are supposed to loosent the throttle tube. The bike that the instruction video is using (EE you tube channel) appears to have screws that allow you to loosen and the slide the tube out some. I may be staring right at it, but I can't figure out how to loosen or move any part of the throtle assembly. Help would be much appreciated!

• mslow

Posted December 06, 2012 - 05:58 AM

not sure why you would have to mess with the throttle sube to install handguards, which ones did you get?
most likely they mean to loosen the two screws on the throttle perch so you can slide the entire throttle assembly around in case it's too close to the bar end and the grip may bind with the hand guard.

* just watched the video, they are just showing you how to cut the hole in the end of the grip so the handguard hardware can be inserted in the bar end.
just use a sharp razor blad and cut the end of the grip so you can slide the entire throttle assembly towards the center of the bars without the grip hitting the bars and you're good to go. Then just mount your handguard and slide the throttle assembly back to the end a hair away from touching the handguard.

Edited by msanna, December 06, 2012 - 06:03 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • norm02

Posted December 06, 2012 - 06:50 AM

I watched the video as well and I was wondering how to loosen the throttle perch so I can move it around if need be. Didn't see any screws on mine

• DrFeelGood

Posted December 06, 2012 - 07:48 AM

Slide the rubber piece off to the side. The screws are under there.

• norm02

Posted December 06, 2012 - 12:59 PM

Ok, got it. Thank you

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.