Rear brake problems!

9 replies to this topic
  • FinchFan194

Posted December 02, 2012 - 03:27 PM

Ok so I rebuild my master cylinder, and vacuum bled the system, brakes worked GREAT at the house and even first hour or so of my ride today and now they are gone again unless I pump the pedal.
Any ideas on what else could be wrong?

• capt justin

Posted December 02, 2012 - 03:41 PM

rebleed, sounds like an air bubble

• asnyder2

Posted December 02, 2012 - 04:38 PM

Bent rotor?

• FinchFan194

Posted December 02, 2012 - 05:56 PM

Well I re-bled and there was air bubbles. Bled them the conventional way this time so we will see how that goes. I did about 20 cycles and the last few times no bubbles came out at all.

Ansyder, no bent rotor. I am starting to wish that was the problem!!!

• grayracer513

Posted December 02, 2012 - 07:02 PM

Be sure you crack the banjo bolt loose at the master cylinder hose fitting. It's the high spot in the circuit, and huge bubbles can live there and watch fluid flow back and forth without ever moving the bubble.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • asnyder2

Posted December 02, 2012 - 07:44 PM

I prefer conventional bleeding after vacuum bleeding because I never get a good seal between the caliper and bleeder, seems it sucks air in through the threads. Hope u figure it out!

• FinchFan194

Posted December 02, 2012 - 08:46 PM

Will do Gray
So when I push down with my hand on the master cylinder and obviously the brakes are fully engaged if I keep pushing it will force fluid out the bottom. Granted I am pushing hard, but it doesn't seem normal. I am wondering if even after rebuilding the master cylinder if the bore in it is just wore out. Then again the two rubber fitting inside the master cylinder don't seem like they would be hard to get fluid by if you force enough pressure.

Thoughts?

• grayracer513

Posted December 03, 2012 - 07:05 AM

If it forces fluid out the bottom, it's not sealing (I know... obvious, right?). Either something wasn't assembled right or the bore's too worn. That's probably where the air is coming from, too.

• FinchFan194

Posted December 03, 2012 - 07:11 AM

Ok thanks Gray I will order a new master cylinder.

• FinchFan194

Posted December 03, 2012 - 01:18 PM

Ordered an '09 master cylinder for $49.95 off Ebay with free shipping and a mint rear brake pedal....SCORE!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.