Yoshimura head porting

5 replies to this topic
  • mxbrewski

Posted December 01, 2012 - 10:46 AM

Anyone had the Yoshimura head porting done to their 2010-2013 YZ450F. I read that it had positive reviews on MXA and Motorcycle USA.

• galligar

Posted December 02, 2012 - 03:01 PM

Go through Dr. D the same guy does it just on the side, a little cheaper than yosh, at least it was in 08 .

• mxbrewski

Posted December 03, 2012 - 07:23 AM

Dubach no longer lists porting on his website, but thanks for the reply.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • eazrider

Posted December 05, 2012 - 11:33 AM

I had mine ported by Short Block Charlie in Tempe AZ...He flowed rthe head stock, and after his port work. Graphs showed between 8-11% increase in flow across the RPM range. More flow =more power. I noticed more bottom end and mid range...

• STR8SHOOTR

Posted December 06, 2012 - 02:32 AM

Anyone had the Yoshimura head porting done to their 2010-2013 YZ450F. I read that it had positive reviews on MXA and Motorcycle USA.

Be careful of who does the porting, I've read many times where they lost power from a porting job that wasnt up to par.

Edited by STR8SHOOTR, December 06, 2012 - 02:33 AM.

• mxbrewski

Posted December 07, 2012 - 05:52 PM

Thank you for the replies! I would only have Yosh, Pro Circuit, or Ron Hamp do the porting. But thanks for the recommendation, I am more interested in Yosh at this time due to the posted reviews.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.