check the bolts after every ride?

4 replies to this topic
  • gal

Posted October 23, 2001 - 03:39 AM

ijust installed the terrycable flywheel weight (12oz) . in the instructions it says that i should check the bolts after every race - do u guys realy check them ?

• sirthumpalot

Posted October 23, 2001 - 06:14 AM

I don't have a flywheel weight, but the manual states that you should retorque the rotor nut after every ride as well. I checked it the first couple of rides and haven't checked it since, though I'm sure they have a good reason to recommend checking it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motoman393

Posted October 23, 2001 - 11:32 AM

what page does the manual say this? I dont recall reading this!

------------------
I get my kicks on a 426!
Motoman393's MX Site

• sirthumpalot

Posted October 23, 2001 - 11:50 AM

If I'm not mistaken it's in one of the many periodic maintenance charts towards the front of the manual listed with a dot in the every race catagory. I haven't read the chart in a while so I will double check when I get home tonight.

• sirthumpalot

Posted October 23, 2001 - 01:21 PM

Here it is on page 3-2 of the '01 manual. The second row down from the top, "Rotor Nut". It says "retighten" after break in and after every 5th race.

I was incorrect when I said every race, sorry about that. I remembered it incorrectly.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.