2000 YZ426 oil delivery pipe bolt stripped

2 replies to this topic
  • ggriffis426

Posted November 28, 2012 - 07:54 PM

I stripped the threads out of the hole in the right side crankcase cover where the oil pipe bolts in. No problem, I thought, I'll just heli-coil it and be on my way. Not so fast... I am measuring M8 x 1.30 on the threads and can't find a thread repair kit with this thread pitch. Has anyone ran into this problem before and fixed it without replacing the crankcase half?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted November 28, 2012 - 08:02 PM

The thread is M8x1.25. You'll have more luck finding that.

On another note, a Time-Sert is a better repair because it spot faces the top of the hole to ensure it's square with the bore axis and will seal better.

• ggriffis426

Posted November 29, 2012 - 07:26 PM

Thanks grayracer513, I went back and measured the bolt and your correct, M8 x 1.25. The threads had stretched towards the top of the bolt. doh! I'll go with the Time-sert as well.

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.