2004 BRP

14 replies to this topic
  • iron_savior

Posted November 16, 2003 - 12:12 AM

I just saw some pictures of the new 2004 BRP at some bike show, it now comes with passenger footrests.

I thought honda gave a warning against carrying an extra
load of a passenger. :)

• Dutch

Posted November 16, 2003 - 04:28 AM

Did it also grow fins on the motor and have electric start?

• J_T

Posted November 16, 2003 - 09:36 AM

All the info is on honda's web site! I don't see anything different from 2000-2003 XR650R? Are you sure it was a North American model? There are various pics, pdf version of brocures, etc on honda's site. Maybe someone who knows every detail of it could look at it and see if anything has changed but by looks and the little I know it appears the same version of the orginal? I'm not saying you didn't see the passenger pegs but it may not be factory! Or it was a poster of the XR650L which continues to have passenger pegs! (Ahh. I get it now...I guess that's what Dutch meant by asking if there were fins on the motor and an electric start!, I'm kind of slow)

JT

• qadsan

Posted November 16, 2003 - 09:44 AM

Here's the specs :)

Engine Type: 679cc liquid-cooled dry-sump single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 103.0mm x 81.5mm
Compression Ratio: 10.2:1
Carburetion: Keihin 42mm Flat Slide
Starter: Electric start, plus kick start
Ignition: Solid-state CD with electronic advance
DRIVE TRAIN:
Transmission: Five-speed
Final Drive: #530 O-ring-sealed endless chain; 14T/46T
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES:
Front Suspension: 47mm inverted Showa cartridge fork with 16-position
rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustability; 315
millimeters travel
Rear Suspension: Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring preload, 17-
position rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping
adjustment separated into low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed
(3.5 turns); 315 millimeters wheel travel
Front Brake: Single 240mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear Brake: Single 240mm disc with single-piston caliper
Front Tire: 80/100-21
Rear Tire: 140/110-18
DIMENSIONS:
Rake: 27.9 degrees
Trail: 111.0mm (4.3 inches)
Wheelbase: 58.6 inches
Seat Height: 37.8 inches
Ground Clearance: 12.1 inches
Dry Weight: 247.0 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 3.6 gallons, including 0.5 gallon reserve
Color: Red
Availability: TBD

• Miker

Posted November 16, 2003 - 09:47 AM

&%$#@!? Is this a joke?????????????

• J_T

Posted November 16, 2003 - 10:00 AM

Where Do I sign! I want one!!!

• jimboe

Posted November 16, 2003 - 11:03 AM

What bikes are you guys talking about? According to the 2004 Dirt Bike Buyer's Guide (12-03 issue), the 2004 XR650R and XR650L are the same as last year's bikes, except for graphics.

Quadsan, what bike are those specs from?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dutch

Posted November 16, 2003 - 11:46 AM

qadsan - back slowly away from the keyboard - your addiction is getting the better of you. :)

• qadsan

Posted November 16, 2003 - 05:30 PM

&%$#@!? Is this a joke?????????????

Sorry, I guess my addition is getting the best of me :D

The specs even caught my attention again because I quickly posted this immediately before I left for my sons baseball game and I had forgotten about it. Upon reading it again, it took my by surprise for a second until I remembered I wrote it :D, but I'd sure like to have this bike.

Honda, are you listening? If you build it, we WILL buy it :)

• JackAttack

Posted November 16, 2003 - 05:35 PM

Qadsan,

After seeing your last "rap" post, and now this, I think maybe you should put the bong down. :)

• qadsan

Posted November 16, 2003 - 06:03 PM

...I think maybe you should put the bong down.

99 bottle of beer on the wall, 99 bottle of beer, take one down and pass it around, 98 bottle of beer on the wall :)

:D :D :D :D :D

• ill_caper

Posted November 16, 2003 - 06:12 PM

Sign me up for one of those.Can we up the compression ration though? Maybe 11.5:1. That would be an incredible bike.

• Miker

Posted November 16, 2003 - 06:18 PM

[QUOTE]
[QUOTE]
...I think maybe you should put the bong down.

[/QUOTE]

LMAO :) :D

• stonewall

Posted November 16, 2003 - 07:27 PM

I think maybe you should pass that bong to Honda. Sounds like good stuff. :) :D :D

• mr660

Posted November 18, 2003 - 10:22 PM

Holy crap!! i am short of breath and have a big old woody like a horny dog! i want this machine!!

a buddy of mine and i were supposed to go to the international 03' motorcycle show in cleveland, OH this year. i was unable to go so he and some other buds went. well they got me good. they came back drooling all over the place and told me that honda had a pre-production 750cc dirt bike weighing in at 250lbs dry, but the kicker was it wasn't JUST a 750, it was an in-line twin cylinder 14,500 RPM redline engine that had a RWHP of 75hp!! :D needless to say i blew my load instantly and was pissed at my wife for a week because i did't go! :)
well the story gets better. 5 months after the show i told my buddy " i have spent tons of hours on the net and even made a few phone calls to find out about this bike, and i can't find notten' on it", after a brief moment of silence he burst into laughter and then i new i was screwed! :D needless to say i am constantly reminded of this gag! those rat b*stards!

i am going to borrow your ficticious description and tell him europe is piloting your machine in a KTM and will soon be in the states for late 04' :D

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 4 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.