Coolant level question

1 reply to this topic
  • norm02

Posted November 26, 2012 - 02:10 PM

I checked my coolant level last night when I got done riding and I guess that caused the fluid in the over flow line to either go into my rads or my catch tank. I don't see any coolant in the line coming from the top of the radiator. Just want to make sure that I didn't screw anything up befor I restart my bike. I know that it has coolant in it, just wante to make sure I don't have an air pocket or anything that will hurt it.

Thanks,
Jay

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted November 26, 2012 - 04:28 PM

As long as there is an inch or two in to overflow tank, you'll be fine. The system will self purge after a couple of heat and cool off cycles.

In the future, just be sure there is some in the overflow tank and leave the cap on the radiator alone.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.