2007 digital speedo & milage

15 replies to this topic
  • bababoom

Posted November 24, 2012 - 07:53 AM

Hi all just bought a 07 plated wr 450 that has the digital speedo. I cant seem to find out how to work the speedo out?
Does it recorded the acuall mileage since new?
The owner said you just reset it as and when you want to. This seems a bit silly to be if there's no way of finding out the mileage of the bike.

• GuyGraham

Posted November 24, 2012 - 07:56 AM

all is explained in the manual - do you have the manual
No you can't reset the total mileage, but there are 2 trip meters that you can reset

• MANIAC998

Posted November 24, 2012 - 09:02 AM

There is no total mileage, or total run time. Just trip meters.

• minty0_10

Posted November 24, 2012 - 09:14 AM

No i don't have the manual for this model but i do have a genuine yam workshop manual but its for the steel framed bikes (just found my old log in details :) ) So can you or cant you? 2 different answers with opposite opinions lol

Edited by minty0_10, November 24, 2012 - 09:18 AM.

• William1

Posted November 24, 2012 - 02:48 PM

Depends on the country. In the US, we only have trip meters, in many other countries, they also get the regular odo too. Information can be found in the owners/service manual, downloadable for free from Yamaha.

• GuyGraham

Posted November 25, 2012 - 03:25 AM

There is no total mileage, or total run time. Just trip meters.

UK models have total mileage, and two trip meters, plus timers for racing (manual start, and an auto start option)
Download a full Workshop manual from the Austrialia Yamaha website - all you need to know is in there

Section 1, page 14

http://www.yamahaown...TJ-28199-44.pdf

Edited by GuyGraham, November 25, 2012 - 03:34 AM.

• MANIAC998

Posted November 25, 2012 - 03:48 AM

You lucky bastards!!! :thumbsup:

• minty0_10

Posted November 25, 2012 - 11:27 AM

Not that lucky ive been all through it and there's no mention of being able to display the total mileage from new.
Seems to taken a step back wards to me.
Even my old 05 model would record the actual mileage.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GuyGraham

Posted November 25, 2012 - 11:34 AM

Not that lucky ive been all through it and there's no mention of being able to display the total mileage from new.
Seems to taken a step back wards to me.
Even my old 05 model would record the actual mileage.

Yes you can
From when the screen shows the the time, press the SLCT2 button. It will cycle through Trip A, Trip B, and total Odo reading.

Edited by GuyGraham, November 25, 2012 - 11:37 AM.

• minty0_10

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:01 PM

Not on mine the SLCT2 button on mine just switches from mph to kph :cry:

Edited by minty0_10, November 25, 2012 - 01:52 PM.

• lewis87

Posted November 26, 2012 - 01:43 AM

Yes you can
From when the screen shows the the time, press the SLCT2 button. It will cycle through Trip A, Trip B, and total Odo reading.

My 2008 UK bike just has Trip A and B, no total mileage, the manual that came with the bike has no mention of the odometer either. I never understood why because some bikes do have it and some don't!?

• GuyGraham

Posted November 26, 2012 - 04:27 AM

press and release button to cycle through trip and total odo
holding button for 3 secs or more switches between mph & kph

My 2008 UK bike just has Trip A and B, no total mileage, the manual that came with the bike has no mention of the odometer either. I never understood why because some bikes do have it and some don't!?

perhaps yours is an import :excuseme:
Manual, linked above, clearly says uk models have odometer

My 2008 model has two trips, total odometer, manual start race timer, auto start race timer and clock, as per the Work Shop Manual

Edited by GuyGraham, November 26, 2012 - 04:30 AM.

• lewis87

Posted November 26, 2012 - 04:45 AM

press and release button to cycle through trip and total odo
holding button for 3 secs or more switches between mph & kph

perhaps yours is an import :excuseme:
Manual, linked above, clearly says uk models have odometer

My 2008 model has two trips, total odometer, manual start race timer, auto start race timer and clock, as per the Work Shop Manual

I did wonder but don't know of any way to tell if it is an import. I wonder if putting a UK spec speedo on would give the odometer? Or is there a bit more to it than that.

Edited by lewis87, November 26, 2012 - 04:50 AM.

• MANIAC998

Posted November 26, 2012 - 04:59 AM

And your trying both the short push, and the long push of the SLCT2 button, and it's only responding by switching from mph to kph?

• panda38

Posted November 26, 2012 - 06:42 AM

I'm in canada and my 07 wr has total mileage-non resettable and two resettable trip meters

• GuyGraham

Posted November 26, 2012 - 11:07 AM

I did wonder but don't know of any way to tell if it is an import. I wonder if putting a UK spec speedo on would give the odometer? Or is there a bit more to it than that.

It'll be all contained in the electronics of the speedo, so if you put a UK spec one on, you'll get them odometer
there's one on fleabay uk now, but he wants a lot of dosh for it

Edited by GuyGraham, November 26, 2012 - 11:08 AM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.