klx 250 wont kick over kickstart stuck? help please!

3 replies to this topic
  • codyluxton

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

hi all, today i was riding my klx 250 02, i had been riding for about half of on woodland trails and small straights, i got off the bike after half hour and left it for a while, i went back to it to try n start it up bet the kickstarts jammed? i will not move a inch so put it in gear and pushed it and wheel had locked up? could anyone help?? is it seized? :foul: i put oil in it before i went out?? i really need help on this! i havnt tried to ake out the spark plug or nothing as its in a storage container at the moment. but will be going up tmmorow? anyone help?????? :banghead: i went through a 2 ft deep puddle would that done it?? cheers everyone! :ride:

• ikis86

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

sounds seized to me. you might want to try posting in the correct section though, your bike is a 4 stroke, this is for 2 strokes.

• Dune bum

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

could be siezed,and if you did get water in the cylinder and hydrolocked the engine then put it away without trying to pull the plug and checking, it is probably rusted by now and siezed up from the rust.good luck let us know more as you go.

• 1987CR250R

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

You blew the crankshaft. Most likely the connecting rod bearing has failed. Cylinder seizures tend to free up once the engine cools down. Crankshaft seizures stay stuck.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Anyone else restoring a kx 125/250? by NzJohny

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Kawasaki   Kawasaki 2-Stroke
  • Hot  40 replies
Forums
Photo

05 kx250 hard to kick? by Austesus

• Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

picked up a couple 2 fiddy's by Theeebalz

• 23 replies
Forums
Photo

KX250 Top End by Steffen

• 6 replies
Forums
Photo

start up after restoration by NzJohny

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   Dirt Bike Pictures & Video
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.