06 wr 450 coolant probems

2 replies to this topic
  • wrecks alot

Posted November 21, 2012 - 08:10 PM

ok it is constantly putting fluid into the overflow at the back of the bike even when it is cold you can start it cold and watch it run into the over flow bottle and will continue to fill it untail it overflows ive fllushed the whole coolant system twice also if i start it and look into the radiator it looks like the coolant is circulating so that being said what to do next is it my water pump or? any help is apprciated thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taxgod4u

Posted November 21, 2012 - 08:57 PM

My first guess is a blown head gasket and you are pressurizing the cooling jacket on the motor. Check for bubbles in the radiator, if none perhaps just a bad radiator cap.

• wrecks alot

Posted November 22, 2012 - 08:55 AM

ya thats kind of what im thinking a head gasket i forgot to mention that the coolant gets foamy if that helps lean one way on diagnosing the problem thanks

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.