Should I buy a 99 or 00 ?

2 replies to this topic
  • FatBoy

Posted October 22, 2001 - 08:25 AM

Hello all,

I am looking to buy a used 400-426. There are 2 bikes im looking at the first is a 2000 426 which i know the owner and has sat out one season. only upgrades are hinson clutch basket and heavyer springs.Buy the way im a big dude 6,2" 270lbs this bike is $3600. The second is a 99 400 which was bought late in the year and hardly ridin this season. It has a aftermarket triple clamp protaper bars works connect radiator guards priced at $2600. Which one should i buy? Which bike is the most reliable? Pros-cons? Help in making up my mind would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Fatboy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Glen_T

Posted October 22, 2001 - 07:04 PM

The 426 hits harder, but from what I've seen, the 400 seems a bit more reliable than the 00/426. Either bike would be a decent choice if they are clean and well maintained.

My .02

GLEN

• KasperMX

Posted October 22, 2001 - 07:47 PM

I think you'll be happy with either one. Make sure you check the 99 over well and keep the extra $$ .I own a 01 so I cant coment on performance, but i think both bikes had thier problems if you werent one of the lucky ones. Clutches and keyway for the 00. And im not sure but didnt the 99 have a problem with a notch shering of a shifter part???and rods??
Anyway pick one soon. Byron sunday...(:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.