chain/sproket recommendation

10 replies to this topic
  • diekatze450

Posted November 19, 2012 - 10:29 AM

Hi.

I currently have a Renthal Ultralight sprocke, with a DID gold chain on my WR450, and it has worn Ultrafast.
The chain is ok, didn´t strech too much (adjuster still has half way to go) but the sprockets scream for a change..

So, I have to buy a new chain/sproket kit, and i was wondering wich make/model would be the most durable.
I don´t care for weight or appearence, just strenght

thanks
regards from Argentina

• usdualsports

Posted November 19, 2012 - 10:34 AM

If your wanting strength go with [color=#ff0000]Ironman Sprockets[/color] they are pretty much the best and he offers a 1 year warranty. They cost a little more, but I get at least 1 more season out of them over any other I have tried.

• Bandit9

Posted November 19, 2012 - 12:35 PM

I just get the Rocky MTN Atv brand of chain. Gold X ring for like $70 or so. I also use their front XTS front sprocket. Been using this stuff since 04' and it has proven to be a good deal for me. I just get new stuff in the spring every year and it last the season with no problems. That is riding a lot too, like close to 180 hrs a year for a good chunk of those years.

• n16ht5

Posted November 19, 2012 - 08:17 PM

same with Bandit.. I use supersprox rear sprockets too.

• Bandit9

Posted November 19, 2012 - 08:26 PM

Forgot about the rear sprocket, used the RMATV rear too, but the last two sprockets, I went with the $50 Moose mainly b/c I wanted a black one and RMATV didn't have a black one in their house brand, which is Primary Drive. Couldn't remember it earlier. If they had black, I would be using them.

Edited by Bandit9, November 19, 2012 - 08:26 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • n16ht5

Posted November 19, 2012 - 08:36 PM

steel or alum?? hows it holding up>?

Forgot about the rear sprocket, used the RMATV rear too, but the last two sprockets, I went with the $50 Moose mainly b/c I wanted a black one and RMATV didn't have a black one in their house brand, which is Primary Drive. Couldn't remember it earlier. If they had black, I would be using them.

• Bandit9

Posted November 19, 2012 - 08:49 PM

Moose?

Aluminum. They have been great. A lot lighter than the Primary Drive steel one I was using. Actually I haven't wore one out yet, I just switched from a 51th to a 50th. 51 is still good to go, has some wear, but I would run it with no worries. It is in the bike trailer as a spare. Probably has 50 hrs on it seeing duty on both the 06WR and the YZ250.

Those Primary Drive chains are pretty damn good.

• MANIAC998

Posted November 20, 2012 - 04:02 AM

I've used the Primary Drive chains too, and they do last a long time. Good bargain too! As for sprockets, Ironman is the top of the line in my opinion, but any Steel sprocket will outlive all Aluminum sprockets.

• diekatze450

Posted November 20, 2012 - 07:55 AM

Any comments on Renthal TwinRing?

• Bandit9

Posted November 20, 2012 - 10:58 AM

I just got the RMATV catalog in the mail today. I was thumbing through it during lunch and noticed they now have Primary Drive Aluminum rear sprockets in Black, Red, Blue, and hedious Orange for $39.99. I'll just get that one instead of the Moose next time.

• cwallershasta

Posted November 20, 2012 - 02:32 PM

+1 for the Primary Drive, and I believe they still have the two sprockets and chain bundle for less than a hundred bucks. I've been using them for years and they hold up pretty well.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.