Magura magoo in WR450 problems....
Posted November 14, 2003 - 07:37 PM
Posted November 14, 2003 - 08:22 PM
Posted November 14, 2003 - 09:32 PM
It is a tight fit but it went in without any major problems.
Magura did make an adaptor mount for the slave.It replaces the stock piece and raises the slave.I can take a pic if your interested.
Posted November 15, 2003 - 01:12 PM
Does your magura have a 1" stroke? That is what is needed for a stock lever set up.
Posted November 15, 2003 - 03:04 PM
Posted November 15, 2003 - 07:28 PM
Posted November 16, 2003 - 05:44 AM
Posted November 16, 2003 - 03:07 PM
1. It is best to first remove the chain gaurd to gain working room.
2. The grounding wire mounted to starter base needs to be rotated toward the outside of the bike to make room for the slave cylinder.
3. Unhook or remove the external clutch spring on clutch arm. (See picture 1) DO NOT RE-HOOK CLUTCH ARM RETURN SPRING. This will cause clutch to not function properly.
4. Replace original cable stop bracket with bracket provided. (It may be easier to slip slave cylinder piston rod through mounting bracket and hook it to clutch arm before bolting new bracket on.)
5. Hook slave cylinder rod nipple onto top of clutch arm with the longer nipple which is provided. (see picture 2)
CAUTION: Do not bend slave cylinder piston rod. This will cause slave cylinder to leak.
6. Go to step 4. Check the freeplay.
It looks to me in the picture that the nipple which is supposed to be included in your kit would compensate for that 1 inch height difference. Maybe they sent you the kit for the yzf 450 instead of the WR.
Posted November 16, 2003 - 04:18 PM
Posted November 16, 2003 - 06:33 PM
Posted November 29, 2003 - 07:04 PM