does a 99 wr400f need a battery to run?

2 replies to this topic
  • peaceofwork

Posted November 18, 2012 - 11:22 PM

i have a 99yz400 and also have a 99 wr motor and electrics that i,d like to put into the yz has anyone did this? i here i should use the wr cdi with the wr motor -anything else?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pooley

Posted November 19, 2012 - 04:06 AM

Considering this bike did not have electric start and did not come with a battery stock it should run just fine. E-start didn't show up from the factory until 2003 on the 450s. I don't know enough about the CDI and the electrics to be 100% certain there won't be issues if you mix and match parts without some tweaking.

• MANIAC998

Posted November 19, 2012 - 04:42 AM

I agree with Pooley. You shouldn't need a battery, and you should be able to mix & match some of the electronics without any issues. I think.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.