Throttle Pull

4 replies to this topic
  • Amador

Posted October 21, 2001 - 08:39 PM

does anyone know if there where any changes in either the carb or throttle assembly in an 00 426 vs. 01 426? The reason that I ask is, I rode my freinds 01 and the throttle pull is super light compared to my 00. I went home and completely cleaned the carb, new throttle tube, lubed and cleaned the cables and it is still twice as heavy! Anyone have any ideas? I never noticed it before I rode his bike.

• Amador

Posted October 22, 2001 - 10:48 AM

Come on guy's! I know most of you are smarter than me!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motoman393

Posted October 22, 2001 - 12:12 PM

Did he have motion pro terminator T2 throttle cables? I have the terminator cables and it really reduces throttle pull (they are gray in color and look very cool)! Or maybe he had a aluminum throttle tube (with bearings)? I know my old XR's that I used to have the spring that brings the slide back down was adjustable, I always would make it easy to pull by adjusting tension via a spring. I am not sure if the 426 is like this or not...but I am sure you can "jimmy rig" it! Later,

Garrett

------------------
I get my kicks on a 426!
Motoman393's MX Site

• Howard_Huge

Posted October 22, 2001 - 03:47 PM

Try getting a 01 return spring part # and see if it is same.

• Amador

Posted October 22, 2001 - 08:16 PM

Thanks for the info guys. Both bikes are totally stock. I want to figure this out because the difference is HUGE!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.