It's here!! just went & picked it up

6 replies to this topic
  • BuddyK

Posted November 14, 2003 - 02:40 PM

My BRP shipped from CA showed up at the dock! I hauled butt home, stopped & picked up fresh license, tags & checked it over, I kicked on it until I had to lay down in the driveway with my dog looking at me like I'm nuts:excuseme:. I kept looking for a hidden kill switch, I finally called the previous owner & he tells me you have to turn the headlight switch to the 1st position :D Note to self: ASK first :D
Anyway, there is no comparison to the 2002 XRL I rode, this thing is a blast! Thanks for answering my questions, you guys helped me make the right choice! :)

• needsprayer

Posted November 14, 2003 - 04:33 PM

BuddyK: "I kicked on it until I had to lay down in the driveway with my dog looking at me like I'm nuts. "

Glad it was such a simple thing. I am surprised that the previous owner hadn't passed that little bit of info along.

When I first got my BRP I learned the hard way to always wear boots when starting the beast. The kickstarter kicked back twice on me, hitting my calf and let me tell you, that hurts. :)

Now treated her like a lady and she will be good to you. :D

• secretatlas

Posted November 14, 2003 - 04:35 PM

sweet.
nothing is better than a new bike, or at least new to you.
enjoy it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kritter

Posted November 14, 2003 - 04:57 PM

I was kicking mine over in Flops and it nailed me in the back of the calve and cut me open!...it fired up though!

• JR650

Posted November 14, 2003 - 11:48 PM

i was kicking mine in my runners the day after i got it, slipped off the kicker and caught the peg in the shins, not pretty, wore boots ever since when starting it. BTW, dont try to ride it up your lawn into the garage, especially if you havent ridden BRP's alot. It will tear the living crap outta the grass even if you arent trying. I only did it once before i remembered how much sod sucks. Been out for a good bag ride yet?

• BuddyK

Posted November 15, 2003 - 05:05 AM

I told my wife the damn dogs must've been digging after a gopher :)
I live on a few acres, at the back of somebody else's 20 acre horse pasture, so my drive way is shell & about .2 of a mile long. It's good for wheelie practice. I went out & buzzed the back roads & pushed a few asphalt corners & cruised 65mph just to see how it felt (stock gearing). It's a better road bike than my XS650. I made a creek crossing next to a bridge, buzzed up the bank & got more air than I planned (I'm 44, 3' seems higher than it used to)but it landed very well.
What's a bag ride?

• JR650

Posted November 15, 2003 - 06:04 PM

bagging: general abuse, ride the living crap out of it to see it anything is going to break, etc. lets see what this pig can do........ sounds like you had a good start, hope you like the bike so far. i got mine from a guy that was scared of it so i dont think it got ridden like it should have, had to make sure i broke it in right after i got it :), JR

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.