wr400f lighting issues

2 replies to this topic
  • one3three

Posted November 16, 2012 - 07:40 AM

got a 98 (five years ago)

when its idling headlight flickers..

when i throttle her a little, headlight glows brighter

idling doesn't do a thing to the signal lights unless i do 1/2 throttle

is it a wiring problem, rectifier or stator problem??

Edited by one3three, November 16, 2012 - 06:59 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted November 16, 2012 - 11:29 AM

Bad capacitor

• one3three

Posted November 16, 2012 - 06:58 PM

forgive me but i'm an electrical retard, didn't even go through the electricals when i got her ages ago..

i know xr's have a capacitor attached to the rectifier

but on the yama, i can only see the rectifier / regulator attached to the left side of the steering frame, no capacitor is attached

do i have to lift the fuel tank? am looking through the parts catalog but can't seem to find one

can someone spoon feed me pls... :p

also, iopened up the headlight mask, headlamp bulb (3 prong type) top runs power, both sides grounded to the frame..

i also thought a single ground would do the trick.. is the dual ground right or should i also pull one off??

thanks a tonne! :thumbsup:

Edited by one3three, November 16, 2012 - 07:09 PM.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.