Pro Moto Billet Silent Inserts

11 replies to this topic
  • KentuckyWR

Posted November 14, 2003 - 11:45 AM

Anyone tried one of the Pro-Moto Billet exhaust inserts?

http://www.promotobi...ent_inserts.htm

• Fryboy

Posted November 14, 2003 - 11:49 AM

I have. I will sell you my slightly used ( one ride ) on for 20 bucks + Shipping interested ????

Fryboy

• KentuckyWR

Posted November 14, 2003 - 12:27 PM

I assume you don't like it.
Does it kill the power?

• WR450F_RDR

Posted November 14, 2003 - 03:05 PM

I have one and love it, a lot less restrictive than like the GTR replacement. The only thing negitive I can say about is all the holes they drilled into the end of it for I guess looks, kinda gets full of dirt and mud.

• RunAnywhere

Posted November 14, 2003 - 04:27 PM

I'll take it if Kentucky doesn't want it. I can't help but wonder if this thing might be just a bit noisy.

Let me know.

Ryan

• Fryboy

Posted November 15, 2003 - 06:28 AM

I assume you don't like it.
Does it kill the power?

I liked it but for my jetting the GYTR workes better. I have kept it and was thinking about drilling out all the holes to give more air flow but never really got around to it.

Fryboy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fryboy

Posted November 15, 2003 - 06:30 AM

I'll take it if Kentucky doesn't want it. I can't help but wonder if this thing might be just a bit noisy.

Let me know.

Ryan

Ryan, it works as advertised. It tested at 94db at an enduro I entered. The end cap is almost identical to that of a TTR250 baffle.

Fryboy

• Tom_Rowlee

Posted November 15, 2003 - 11:05 AM

:thumbsup:Mine work's great, a bit more low end witch is what you want in tight woods with less noise. :)

• Balcs

Posted November 19, 2003 - 10:42 PM

I picked up a YZ 450 pipe off e-bay for $80. I put a Pro Moto Billet end cap on it with the optional Spark arrestor and there is a silence insert you can get as well. I am not sure about the WR version but I am very happy with what results I received for the yz pipe. It was pretty easy to install. I think it beats the FMF Q because it's adjustable to what kind of riding you are doing. I must have saved at least 2 1/2 pounds!

• WRSTEVE

Posted November 21, 2003 - 02:33 PM

I picked up a YZ 450 pipe off e-bay for $80. I put a Pro Moto Billet end cap on it with the optional Spark arrestor and there is a silence insert you can get as well. I am not sure about the WR version but I am very happy with what results I received for the yz pipe. It was pretty easy to install. I think it beats the FMF Q because it's adjustable to what kind of riding you are doing. I must have saved at least 2 1/2 pounds!

Did the same thing on my 426, man what a difference from the stock WR exhaust. :)

• KentuckyWR

Posted November 21, 2003 - 03:02 PM

I've got a PMB on the way.
If I don't like it . . . i've heard that the GYT-R works well too . . .
will post results . . .

• desertfoxx

Posted November 21, 2003 - 06:08 PM

Just set up the wr400 with a yz pipe,pro moto billet spark arrestor and silent insert. I have a fmf oversize head pipe and power now intake. The results are a slight loss of power in the midrange and up. Sound is quite a bit less. All in all I think its a good deal and the set up for a stock yz pipe if you need sparkarrestor/less noise. Also a very high quality item too. Note: I kept stock jetting, had to adjust mixture slightly. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.