How to flip the fuel petcock?

7 replies to this topic
  • beairmo

Posted November 13, 2012 - 06:09 PM

I put a Clarke 3.6 gal tank on my 2009 WR450 and now my petcock needs flipped from left to right. Right now I have a 12 inch fuel hose, which works but not the final solution.

It looks like I could possibly drill out the stock petcock and try to use it. But I would need to plug the hole on the wrong side.

I have searched everywhere but can't find anything with specific info on this. Anybody done this before and have advice?

I would also appreciate any recommended stock replacement petcocks... Thanks.

Edited by beairmo, November 13, 2012 - 06:15 PM.

• mslow

Posted November 13, 2012 - 07:38 PM

Acerbic makes left and right petcocks, just buy one rather than risk modding yours

• Bandit9

Posted November 14, 2012 - 06:35 AM

I just put mine in backwards. I can reach the handle with my finger. No big deal.

• Bandit9

Posted November 14, 2012 - 06:39 AM

Or just get an 06 WR petcock for $25-$30.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • beairmo

Posted November 16, 2012 - 05:38 AM

Thank you very much Bandit for the suggestion to use a 2006 Fuel Petcock. Ordered one for $20 bucks.

I really appreciate the help.

• Bandit9

Posted November 16, 2012 - 05:42 AM

Your welcome.

• Bandit9

Posted November 18, 2012 - 06:43 AM

I put my Clarke 3.6 back on yesterday for some Dual Sport riding On Thanksgiving. Thought I would take a few pics for you. This is what it looks like. Pic isn't that great of quality, but you get the picture. Pun intended...

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

Edited by Bandit9, November 18, 2012 - 06:47 AM.

• Bandit9

Posted November 19, 2012 - 09:36 PM

If you didn't, I highly suggest you wash out that take with gas. I had to flush and empty 1/4 gal in it 6 times before I stopped seeing little plastic bits come out caught in the screen of my funnel. In line filter is a must or you will be cleaning jets.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.