New cdi

6 replies to this topic
  • rhinoracin

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:43 PM

I want to get an '06 cdi for my 09 because I heard it adds more low end. Will it lose power anywhere else if I do the switch?
Ive also been looking at aftermarket cdi's... some of them are too expensive, but are they better/reliable? Ive seen them from Vortex, JD ignition, dynatek, big gun, and electrosport. Are these better than an 06 swap?
I am looking to gain low end power without losing any top end.

Edited by rhinoracin, November 14, 2012 - 01:06 PM.

• rhinoracin

Posted November 14, 2012 - 01:07 PM

?

• Gunner354

Posted November 15, 2012 - 07:11 AM

I want to get an '06 cdi for my 09 because I heard it adds more low end. Will it lose power anywhere else if I do the switch?
Ive also been looking at aftermarket cdi's... some of them are too expensive, but are they better/reliable? Ive seen them from Vortex, JD ignition, dynatek, big gun, and electrosport. Are these better than an 06 swap?
I am looking to gain low end power without losing any top end.

The 06 cdi works well with the 09, you will gain bottom end snap and lose nothing on top.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rhinoracin

Posted November 20, 2012 - 07:51 PM

Ok was wondering because I thought aftermarket units might work even better

• skoobeesnak

Posted November 21, 2012 - 02:39 PM

I just picked on up on ebay this week and put it on the bike yesterday. I have a '09 as well and would like a bit more snap off of the bottom. I will give an update after I go riding this weekend.

• rhinoracin

Posted December 02, 2012 - 05:49 PM

Got one off ebay, installed it and it feels a little quicker off the bottom..

• skoobeesnak

Posted December 02, 2012 - 07:47 PM

Finally got out to ride this weekend and try out the 06 CDI on my 09. I noticed it felt snappier off the bottom right away. It seemed to rev faster and I could carry a gear higher in some situations knowing that it will pick itself up into the meat of the power faster. I was able to use the power to help steer around corners a little more by getting on the throttle mid corner and breaking the tire loose to help rotate the bike. Great mod, best $40 I have spend upgrading anything on a bike. Do it, you won't be disappointed.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.