Quick question on jetting..

3 replies to this topic
  • Regenerex

Posted November 12, 2012 - 12:31 PM

Hey guys,

Tried searching, couldn't find anything, so...

After a trouble free season with my new WR (2011 leftover), I found it needs a little more power for next season. I am thinking about adding the Fmf Power/Mega bomb header, Powercore Ti Slipon, High flow filter, and drop a tooth on the front sproket. Anyway, with the Exhaust, and filter, what should I change my jetting to? I currently have stock jetting and all the free mods done. I live at Sea level, at around 20-30 degrees celsius.

• Thommo_400f

Posted November 15, 2012 - 02:55 AM

Krannie told me:
More restricted = less fuel.
Less restricted means more fuel required.
So you may be a little lean. Assuming you are already correctly jetted.
Only tinkering will really tell ;)
Buy some jets and get into it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted November 15, 2012 - 03:44 AM

The easiest way would be to purchase the JD jet kit, and follow his directions to achieve a very well running machine with lots of power. Others will tell you to purchase a selection of jets from Yamaha, Carb warehouse, etc.. and through trial & error achieve the same thing. The choice is yours.

• Regenerex

Posted November 15, 2012 - 10:12 AM

Thanks for the info guys, I'll be buying the JD jet kit soon. I got all winter before i'll really be able to see a power difference, but i'll at least know what to change it to.

Thanks again.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.