NEED YOUR HELP ON FLYWHEEL QUESTION

3 replies to this topic
  • gal

Posted October 21, 2001 - 03:04 AM

HI JUST GOT THE 12oz FLYWHEEL WEIGHT FROM TERRYCABLE, AND BEFORE I INSTALL IT NEED UR HELP PLEASE:
1 DOES THE WEIGHT GO ON THE FRONT OR THE BACK OF THE FLYWHEEL?
2 WHERE DO I PUT THE 2 DOWEL SPACERS TO LINE UP THE CASE?
3 DO I REALY NEED THE CASE EXTENDER AND IF YES DO I NEED TO BENT THE SHIFTER?

PLEASE ANSWER FAST AS I WANT TO INSTALL IT TODAY....

• SSchulz

Posted October 21, 2001 - 03:31 AM

Originally posted by gal:
HI JUST GOT THE 12oz FLYWHEEL WEIGHT FROM TERRYCABLE, AND BEFORE I INSTALL IT NEED UR HELP PLEASE:
1 DOES THE WEIGHT GO ON THE FRONT OR THE BACK OF THE FLYWHEEL?
2 WHERE DO I PUT THE 2 DOWEL SPACERS TO LINE UP THE CASE?
3 DO I REALY NEED THE CASE EXTENDER AND IF YES DO I NEED TO BENT THE SHIFTER?

PLEASE ANSWER FAST AS I WANT TO INSTALL IT TODAY....

(1)The weight installs on the front of the flywheel.

(2)Remove the stock spacers and replace with the new longer ones.

(3)Yes you need the case extender. You may not need to rebend your shift lever depending how much clearance you end up with.

Not to be a smart ass here but if you need to ask these type of questions you may want to seriously think about having someone more experienced install your kit for you.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gal

Posted October 21, 2001 - 04:02 AM

SSchultz
hi there i never did it before and want to b sure of what im doing...
im not a mechanic ( just a fx trader) but ill give it a try anyway

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted October 21, 2001 - 05:08 AM

Gal,
Make sure you use a drill press when drilling the new holes in your flywheel. If you don't drill the holes absolutely straight you enlarge the hole, reducing thread contact. Use plenty of loc-tite on the new bolts also.

Mike

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.