After hours work to help out a Baja 1k team

15 replies to this topic
  • Kritter

Posted November 13, 2003 - 09:39 PM

www.animalhousedesigns.net/lightrack

Met a guy one day at XR's only and he asked about my lights on my truck(www.lightforceusa.com)...3 weeks later I got him some lights (Even better then the ones on my truck) and built him the rack to put on his race bike for the Baja 1000. What do you guys think? So do you guys think I love the sport of desert racing since I helped out a complete stranger with my time, material, and almost $1000 bucks in lights?

PS...That isn't the race bike..its my personal bike just used for a jig.

• XR250rdr

Posted November 13, 2003 - 11:41 PM

Holy crap! :) That is a sweet setup :D

• AzMtnThumper

Posted November 14, 2003 - 05:44 AM

Wow, very nicely done. :) Now point that thing this way, I want to sit on the patio and read the paper. :D

• J_T

Posted November 14, 2003 - 10:34 AM

Would you be intrested in posting details of the kit? Stator output, Light wattage, wiring? What about drawings of measurments on a template? IT looks good but for us without all the materials handy to experiment then specific directions could help many of us duplicate a good design! Good work, thanks for sharing

JT

• Kritter

Posted November 14, 2003 - 11:50 AM

[image]www.animalhousedesigns.net/rack.jpg[/image]
Thats all I can give out for drawing files.
.25" inch aluminum with .125" straps
HID is roughly 35 watts to power
Halogen lamps depending on bulb can range from 35-75 watt each.
Min stator output should be 200 watts
I Wired 2 seperate triple sealed 20 amp switches since it would be a beyatch to lose light in the B1k due to a bad switch.

• Kritter

Posted November 14, 2003 - 11:52 AM

dont know why I cant post a picture but paste the link and you will see the drawing.

• J_T

Posted November 14, 2003 - 03:07 PM

Very helpful, Thank you!

JT

• Kritter

Posted November 14, 2003 - 03:35 PM

With lights and rack it weighed in at 7.14lbs www.animalhousedesigns.net/weight.jpg
Just got picked up and is on its way to mexico...root 251X on if you go down there!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shock_Doc

Posted November 15, 2003 - 07:51 AM

Kritter, looks alot like the mount I made on my bike for the Off-road expo in oct. :)

• Kritter

Posted November 15, 2003 - 10:06 AM

I was wondering whose bike that was....I had no pictures of the mount...just the 3 light set up from a front view as I walked by. We banged our head against the wall for 2 nights trying to figure out a way to mount them and not have turning issues... I will give you credit for the 3 lights beign badass...thats why I wanted it, but the bracket was original and initial design was by my buddy who didnt even see your bike or attend the show! There are only so many ways you can mount 3 lights that big on a bike without turning or over the bar interference. Post some pics of your bracket. This was a prototype...the real one will be 2 piece billet and universal for any bike.

• Shock_Doc

Posted November 17, 2003 - 08:49 AM

Saw your mount on your web site, hat's off, nice mount. The one draw back of the lightforce HID is that the pencil beam goes to far out. you will have to put a spacer in the bulb. If you have any more questins feel free to e-mail me @ parkerpumper@prodigy.net. I will be leaving for the B1K on tues.night, and be back on sun.

• Kritter

Posted November 17, 2003 - 10:11 AM

So is this Harrold or Doug from Parker Pumper? I am sure you know me from Kevin Davis or Matt Svatos.

• Mainjet2001

Posted November 23, 2003 - 03:30 PM

Kritter....
How did your light setup work out in the Baja 1000?

• Kritter

Posted November 23, 2003 - 03:38 PM

I will update when I hear back from them tomorrow or tuesday.

• Shock_Doc

Posted November 25, 2003 - 05:33 PM

:) Should have known it was "The Kritter"

• PistonPilot

Posted December 02, 2003 - 07:25 PM

Hey now.. I was also at the Off-Road convention this year and spent some time drooling over the XR650 in the Parker Pumper booth. Your light setup sure looks the same.

Nice job though :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.