How many hours should a used 2010 YZ 450F have?

11 replies to this topic
  • Judkins829

Posted November 08, 2012 - 10:19 PM

I have a line on a 2010 YZ 450F and my question is the guy says it has 113 hours on it. To me that seems like a lot for a 2010. Thoughts?

• grayracer513

Posted November 08, 2012 - 10:55 PM

If it doesn't have an hour meter, ask him how he figures that. It's reasonable if you think about riding every week in a recreational setting. It wouldn't be hard to pile that up in the maybe almost 3 years he's had it. Or he might hit the track 2-3 times a week.

If he tells you that the number was something he got from the GYT-R tuner, ask him if the hours were ever reset. If they were, there's more than that.

• KJ790

Posted November 09, 2012 - 03:26 AM

I just bought one that has 166 hours on it. It was used for MX only and around here you can only ride for 6 months a year due to the weather. I could see one having a lot more if you lived in a place with a longer riding season or if it was used for trail riding.

• rotax800

Posted November 09, 2012 - 03:48 AM

If it doesn't have an hour meter, ask him how he figures that. It's reasonable if you think about riding every week in a recreational setting. It wouldn't be hard to pile that up in the maybe almost 3 years he's had it. Or he might hit the track 2-3 times a week.

If he tells you that the number was something he got from the GYT-R tuner, ask him if the hours were ever reset. If they were, there's more than that.

You can reset the hours with the tuner? Thought never crossed my mind but i like the fact that i will be able to show actual time to the next owner of my 11

• grayracer513

Posted November 09, 2012 - 07:30 AM

You can reset the hours with the tuner?

Yes, you can reset to zero the total time shown in the data the tuner retrieves from the ECU.

• woods-rider

Posted November 09, 2012 - 07:56 AM

113 hours in three years isn't that much. Maybe for MX, but if he rode it off road at all then it's easy to rack up 6+ hours in a day. Throw in 4 or so three day weekend rides per year and that alone could be around 72 hours plus all the day trips made. I have been putting on 80-100 hours a year for the past 6 years on my bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted November 09, 2012 - 08:37 AM

If he's estimating, he's probably overstating it. The fact that you take a bike out to your favorite spot at 8 AM and don't leave 'til 4 doesn't mean it was an 8 hour ride day unless the engine was running that entire time.

• woods-rider

Posted November 09, 2012 - 08:41 AM

If he's estimating, he's probably overstating it. The fact that you take a bike out to your favorite spot at 8 AM and don't leave 'til 4 doesn't mean it was an 8 hour ride day unless the engine was running that entire time.

113 would be an odd number to just come up with if he were estimating. Not saying that he isn't though.

• Judkins829

Posted November 09, 2012 - 09:37 AM

He told me that the previous owner rode it on a farm and he rode it at the local track for the last couple months he has owned it. He also to me that the 113 is what the tuner reads, I dont know if he had that done at the dealer or he has a tuner himself. It seems that the general consensus is that 113 is not that bad, correct?

• KJ790

Posted November 09, 2012 - 09:43 AM

He told me that the previous owner rode it on a farm and he rode it at the local track for the last couple months he has owned it. He also to me that the 113 is what the tuner reads, I dont know if he had that done at the dealer or he has a tuner himself. It seems that the general consensus is that 113 is not that bad, correct?

It depends on what kind of maintenance was done to it over that time. If the owners actually maintained it properly then it should be ok, if they neglected it then expect to put a lot of money into it. The bike I bought with 165 hours was whipped, but it was priced accordingly. I knew that it was going to take over $1500 just in parts to get it to my standards.

• BBrown626

Posted November 10, 2012 - 09:00 PM

I have a line on a 2010 YZ 450F and my question is the guy says it has 113 hours on it. To me that seems like a lot for a 2010. Thoughts?

My 2010 has about 200 hours on it. Recreational rider. All MX tracks. I am old and ride a couple times a month. For 3 hours of track time I average about 2 hours of riding at each trip.

I've overhauled the engine and maintain things pretty well. It is in great shape.

• Ben Mens

Posted November 13, 2012 - 08:40 PM

I have 108 on my 2010.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.