Torque Stuffer

7 replies to this topic
  • BrandonW

Posted November 13, 2003 - 05:50 PM

What is this? Browsing eBay, and I see this listed under WR.

Posted Image

They claim that it broadens the low-end at no sacrifice to the top-end. I know that a 4-stroke likes a smidge of back-pressure, but this seems overly restrictive.

Any thoughts?

Ebay ad.

• jasowiii

Posted November 13, 2003 - 05:59 PM

Where do they suggest you put it? :D

You don't mount it on your seat do you? :)

• Eddie Sisneros

Posted November 13, 2003 - 06:07 PM

it goes in the head pipe at the head.makes the head effectively smaller,thus the torque claim.

• BrandonW

Posted November 13, 2003 - 06:09 PM

Your lucky you are three blocks away, Jimmy, or I'd....

:) :D :D

They say it fits in your head-pipe where it bolts to the engine.

My mind tells me it is nothing but added restriction....

(Lil' Jimmy on a 2 smoker? What did you do with the other XR50?)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR_Dave

Posted November 13, 2003 - 06:39 PM

It probably works on a stock WR with no mods because if no air gets into the engine then there is no sense in letting any get out! We all spend time getting the bikes to breath and now we are supposed to choke them back up-----seriously!----- :) WR Dave

• GrahamO

Posted November 13, 2003 - 07:51 PM

As if the 450 needs more torque. Did someone really sit down and think they could sell an item giving the 450 more torque?

• lipskid

Posted November 14, 2003 - 06:00 PM

I put one in an atv I used to have. I think I got it from White Bros. It did seem to improve bottom end torque, but the top end suffered.

• SFO

Posted November 14, 2003 - 06:36 PM

I have a PN I'll sell you if you believe that increasing velocity does not create a peak flow debit :D :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.