Which ez pull clutch lever is best???

7 replies to this topic
  • Jimmy_K

Posted October 20, 2001 - 08:35 AM

I am looking for a new cluth lever . I want a ez pull. I have seen two that I am cosidering, MSR and Magnum. Has anyone tried these? I diffinaty like the looks of the magnum better but have not tried one, I also like the fact that the Mag has ez adjust as well as pull. I dont know about theMSR.

• SUnruh

Posted October 20, 2001 - 10:07 AM

i have used a MSR Raptor (shorty lever) for 3 years now on 2 different bikes ('98yz250, '01yz250f). i think about 8 people have bought a Raptor after trying it on my bike. it works awesome and really reduces left arm pump.

my next project is to drill out the soft brass sleave and find a small needle bearing to replace it with. that would be the ultimate (ok, with a built in de-comp would be).

• MX_Tuner

Posted October 20, 2001 - 12:57 PM

I like the Yamaha accessory lever assembly. It has the TT350 lever or whatever the heck everyone was switching to. With this lever, and a properly lubed cable, lever pull is significantly reduced without reducing the amount of clutch release.

------------------
MX Tuner

• Mr_Toyz

Posted October 20, 2001 - 02:37 PM

Raptor works well as long as you can find one that doesn't break while you are installing it. Posted Image

Mr T

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • candlkirk

Posted October 21, 2001 - 03:48 PM

I know where there is something just like what you want. You need to call Honda of Tulsa in Tulsa, OK. They sell a clutch lever called a RTC. It takes a Honda clutch Purch so dont buy the purch Just the lever. It is the best I have ever seen. You will not be dissapointed. You can buy a Honda purch anywhere for a lot less than they want. I run this lever on everything I ride.

• candlkirk

Posted October 21, 2001 - 03:48 PM

I know where there is something just like what you want. You need to call Honda of Tulsa in Tulsa, OK. They sell a clutch lever called a RTC. It takes a Honda clutch Purch so dont buy the purch Just the lever. It is the best I have ever seen. You will not be dissapointed. You can buy a Honda purch anywhere for a lot less than they want. I run this lever on everything I ride.

• ftw808

Posted October 21, 2001 - 07:00 PM

Copied from July 1999 Motocross Action magazine (MXA)
"Team Yamaha riders use the clutch lever and perch from a Yamaha TZ250 road racer, but you can get similar easy-pull clutch action by switching from the stock YZ400 clutch lever to the $12 lever off of a Yamaha Banshee or XT550 street bike. The part number is (#3FY-83912-0100)."

------------------
NO SCADE.com ftw808@noscade.com
Posted Image

[This message has been edited by ftw808 (edited October 21, 2001).]

• luvmythumper

Posted October 24, 2001 - 03:54 AM

Can the lever(yamaha replacement) be used on a 2001 426? I bought the part number described, but it did not fit the stock perch. It was too narrow where it fits into the perch. Do I need to buy a new perch also?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.