yz plastic on a wr

10 replies to this topic
  • cheeky25

Posted November 06, 2012 - 04:18 PM

Hey guys im new to the site, I have a 2010 wr 450 and would like to get rid of the headlight and taillight will the plastic off a yz 450 fit on it. Thanks

• Taxgod4u

Posted November 07, 2012 - 08:46 AM

yes, the front plate, shrouds and fenders are from 06 YZ450 if i recall. Only side plates and tank are 2011 wr450 (note that the front plate tilts a bit forward due to the speedo.) The YZ rear fender will need to be drilled and slightly modified to accomodate the wr mounting. Small spacers and longer bolts are needed on the upper rear mounts. The ECU that is above the coolant tank fits nicely behind the battery under the seat and the wires reach fine. motorcyclesuperstore.com has polisport front and rear fenders for like 3.99 in various colors. shrouds are like 9.99

Posted Image

Edited by Taxgod4u, November 07, 2012 - 08:51 AM.

• cheeky25

Posted November 07, 2012 - 12:32 PM

Thanks for the info

• ickfinger

Posted November 07, 2012 - 01:17 PM

I dont know about those prices???????

• Taxgod4u

Posted November 07, 2012 - 01:33 PM

better hurry, they are running out of good colors. I just ordered a new rear fender in the yellow as a spare.

Posted Image
Polisport MX Rear Fender Time to give your bike a new look or replace scuffed, scratched, and/or broken plastics. Polisport's high gloss replacement Side panels will give your bikes bodywork a shot of aesthetic appeal by the Durable Glossy Polypropylene's high gloss shine. Polisport is proud to…
MSRP $19.95-$26.95 $3.99 - $4.99

Edited by Taxgod4u, November 07, 2012 - 01:41 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cheeky25

Posted November 19, 2012 - 05:54 PM

So if I order a ufo or polisport kit for a 2006 yz 450 she should pretty much bolt on other the the side # plates

• n16ht5

Posted November 19, 2012 - 08:20 PM

Don't you guys ever ride at night or get stuck out in the dark??

• Bandit9

Posted November 19, 2012 - 09:00 PM

I removed the lights, computer, odo cable, and replaced rear fender on the 06 I had for racing. that headlight was heavy and I kept hitting trees and breaking it during normal rides. I also freaked out at the weight difference b/t the YZ and 06 WR rear fenders. That old style WR rear fender was waaaayyyyyy heavier.

Now I did run a number plate while racing Harescrambles, but ended up missing the odo, so I put it back on and ran my "XC" mode headlight shell without the light itself.

I used some 1/8 plexi glass to block off the dirt getting in and some black mesh, zip tied in the headlight hole.

I thought it looked tough like the solid black grille of a 70's era musle car.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Edited by Bandit9, November 19, 2012 - 09:07 PM.

• Bandit9

Posted November 19, 2012 - 09:11 PM

Another shot

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

• Bandit9

Posted November 19, 2012 - 09:13 PM

My inspiration.

Not my car, but man I wish it was.....

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

• MANIAC998

Posted November 20, 2012 - 03:56 AM

I couldn't believe how heavy the WR rear fender was/is either! YZ fender is much lighter.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.