light dust on carb slide

3 replies to this topic
  • medicman

Posted November 03, 2012 - 07:19 AM

So I am having my suspension done on my 20011 wr450 with all free mods and while I had the sub frame off the bike I noticed a very light film of dust on my carb slide on the air filter side. Ive only ridden the bike a hand full of times and I thought I was meticulous on my air filter maintenance? do I need to clean my filter more or do I have dirty air getting into my carb somehow?

• stevethe

Posted November 03, 2012 - 07:57 AM

Grease the filter mating surface well. Also check the carb slide top two scews.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted November 03, 2012 - 09:30 AM

No matter how meticulous you are at cleaning your air filter, dust will get thru. It's the nature of the beast. Some filters are better than others, but they all pass fine dust. Those engines gulp some HUGE quantities of air!!!

• n16ht5

Posted November 04, 2012 - 07:47 AM

run the yamaha oem filter, use bel ray or other good oil, grease lip. Filter skin.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.