Garage View Garage

Posted January 10, 2014 - 02:56 AM

i did send email to One Industries yesterday.  :thumbsup:

• Cat ji

TT Platinum Member

1,845 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 10, 2014 - 03:00 AM

I'm guessing it will have the same displacement that the new cbr300r is going to have.  287cc I believe is the measurement, so it will still lack a little bit in comparison to the B&B and Takegawa.  There is always room for me to be wrong though  :rolleyes:

I believe the CBR300R has a longer stroke, not a larger bore.

it would have the plated cylinder, and close tolerance, and the heat transfer surface. better. 

• 4strokers

TT Bronze Member

163 posts

Posted January 11, 2014 - 01:46 AM

i did send email to One Industries yesterday.  :thumbsup:

Hope they responded on a positive note  :worthy:

• gnath9
8,369 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 11, 2014 - 07:14 AM

I just pulled the trigger and ordered a set of these in black ....  :banana:

I have been wanting these for a long time as I think they will really add to my overall comfort and enjoyment ... But, dang these suckers are expensive ...  :shocked:

F76840141.jpg

Height - Our patented adjustable collars make it easy to run them in the 'standard' or 'low boy' positions on most bikes. Gain more room for bulky boots, or for longer legs.

Traction - With 3 styles of patented adjustable threaded cleats you can easily customize your traction surface from comfortable to gnarly! Fastway Adventure pegs come with two sets of F3 cleats, one standard, one long. You can also order our serrated (F5) or spiked (F6) cleats separately.

Camber - Our patented FKMS Kamber bolt lets you adjust the 'tilt' of your pegs to increase comfort, or to give better squeeze on your bike.
Perfect Size: This is the ultimate adventure bike platform, it measures 2.25" front to back, 4.75" wide, a whole inch and a half wider than our standard Evolution III pegs.

Super Strength: In our brutal destruction tests, it took several tons of down force to get these pegs to give

Super Light Weight: Only 1.04lbs per set!* 25% lighter than our Evolution III pegs! (*without cleats)

Custom Colors: Our Adventure pegs are offered in several colors! Some colors may require extra time, call for availability.

What is the size difference? - Most stock pegs are about 2" front to back and about 3" wide. Fastway Evolution III dirt pegs are 2.25 f/b and 3.25" wide. Our Fastway adventure pegs are 2.25" f/b, and 4.75" wide - A perfect platform for those long rides, large adventure bikes, or snowbike kits.

Edited by gnath9, January 11, 2014 - 07:16 AM.

• 4strokers

TT Bronze Member

163 posts

Posted January 11, 2014 - 07:47 AM

must resist temptation  :banghead:  :lol:

that's one cool peg I have ever seen so far....first glance I'm sold already  :thumbsup: damn you fastway :foul:  :D

• OathKeeper7

TT Bronze Member

193 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 11, 2014 - 07:54 AM

Nice Gnath. Post a pic when you get them. I had looked at those, but couldn't justify spending that much on a set of pegs. Next thing I'm saving for is a set of rims.

• gnath9
8,369 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 11, 2014 - 07:56 AM

must resist temptation  :banghead:  :lol:

that's one cool peg I have ever seen so far....first glance I'm sold already  :thumbsup: damn you fastway :foul:  :D

I am not sure I made the right decision going with the wider/longer adventure peg yet ....  :excuseme:

I was just thinking better for the street and I also like to stand alot on the pegs on the trails ... I learned a long time ago that when you sit and take your feet off the pegs either in the mud or sand ... it makes it real easy to fall over ...  :lol:

Being over cautious and putting your feet down is a bad habit to get into ... stand up and throttle out ...  :prof:

• gnath9
8,369 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 11, 2014 - 08:02 AM

Nice Gnath. Post a pic when you get them. I had looked at those, but couldn't justify spending that much on a set of pegs. Next thing I'm saving for is a set of rims.

I could not justify the cost either man ....  :prof:  So I decided not to and just throw the dice and hope I win ...  :goofy:

I have read lots of reviews and they seem to have something in common with custom suspension setups and steering dampers ... you just can't understand until you have them.

and with all my other mods I have so far ... while riding ...  I have often thought I needed pegs to complete the bikes overall feel and performance.  

• 4strokers

TT Bronze Member

163 posts

Posted January 11, 2014 - 08:05 AM

I am not sure I made the right decision going with the wider/longer adventure peg yet ....  :excuseme:

I was just thinking better for the street and I also like to stand alot on the pegs on the trails ... I learned a long time ago that when you sit and take your feet off the pegs either in the mud or sand ... it makes it real easy to fall over ...  :lol:

Being over cautious and putting your feet down is a bad habit to get into ... stand up and throttle out ...  :prof:

Enduro/Trial legends and champions like Scott Summers,Jarvis Graham, etc., also advise this...that's why on trials it's a penalty from what I observe :thinking: better handling on the bike standing and control throttle :ride: I'm no expert but It's way too difficult specially on technical trails  :D old buddies of mine with more experience on trail riding also advise this :prof:

• Cat ji

TT Platinum Member

1,845 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 11, 2014 - 09:22 AM

That's ok, no problem - only a problem when you ride in rocks, like here, and then it doesn't matter how narrow they are, they still get bashed. Friend said the other day, better to learn to ride over the rocks instead. But then again, he was doing trials until a couple years ago. 

• Cat ji

TT Platinum Member

1,845 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 11, 2014 - 09:26 AM

PS: i saw that Rick Ramsey added a folding tip to the brake pedal. Shows pics, how the CRF-L pedal has the welded on large diameter pivot pin vs the CRF150R having the pivot bolt like CRF250/450R. So he got a folding tip (Tusk, i think, basically same as Hammerhead tip), cut off the tip of the stock pedal and drilled holes to attach the folding tip. 

• gnath9
8,369 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 11, 2014 - 09:34 AM

I saw that !!! 

pretty cool ... 

• Cat ji

TT Platinum Member

1,845 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 11, 2014 - 12:28 PM

if i could get close enough, the shape of the lever, like maybe of a CRF-R, i could get a pivot bolt thing made, that would bolt on the lever because you can't weld it to an alloy lever, but....i looked at used brake levers on ebay and they were expensive. i don't want to pay $40 or so plus shipping just to see if it's possible. Chances are, the angle of the dangle, how it curves over the engine...would be too different. 

• gnath9
8,369 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 11, 2014 - 12:30 PM

I have not ever used a brake snake but, they are suppose to work good ...  :excuseme:

• OathKeeper7

TT Bronze Member

193 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 11, 2014 - 04:09 PM

Gnath, I don't know if you already ordered them or not, but have you looked at the DRC super motard pegs? And if so, what made you decide on the the Pro Moto/Fastway pegs over them?

• gnath9
8,369 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 11, 2014 - 05:50 PM

Gnath, I don't know if you already ordered them or not, but have you looked at the DRC super motard pegs? And if so, what made you decide on the the Pro Moto/Fastway pegs over them?

I have been looking at and studying foot pegs for a year now ... the only reason it took me so long to buy is because of the cost of these particular pegs and I wanted to be sure of what I was doing. I don't know about anybody else but, to me .... $275.00 bucks for foot pegs is just plain crazy man !!! ....  :goofy:  But, like I said after the hundreds of reviews and forum posts etc ..... the comments all had the same thing in common as custom suspension setups and steering dampers ... they are very expensive and worth every penny and you will not understand until you have them and once you do ... you will not go without ever again ...  :prof:

I only know this is true in regards to the suspension as my damper is still in the box and not installed at this time.... It was going to the shop this weekend but, the weather got too nice and I want to ride ...  :ride:

Motard pegs are very short to help keep from scraping the ground in the twistys allowing you to take full advantage of the superbike type tires getting very low in the turns... They are made for going fast around a track. The adventure peg is not only wider but also longer and I am sure they will look huge on my bike ... and may have a downside when it comes to really tight technical trail stuff witch I really do not come across that often here in Nebraska. But, from what I hear they actually fold up higher and more out of the way than a stock peg would when scraping ruts etc ... They also are shaped in such a way that they will react like a folding shifter or brake pedal. The benefit is when you can stand on the pegs all day long because you have more surface area under your foot witch in turn causes less fatigue and more stability inspiring more confidence and also will be way more comfortable on the road as your have more freedom to move your feet around.They also have camber adjustments that can be set to help you squeeze the bike with less effort or set to give you more comfort on a long haul ... also they can be mounted in a high or low position depending on how lanky you are and the ability to change and/or mix and match cleats.

I bought these based on my wants and/or needs ... also when compared to their "Air" pegs ... it is only a little more cash. 

I think for a commuter style of riding and always staying in town or an urban environment .... the Motard pegs are an excellent choice. I think the adventure pegs would fit the style of positron and eyeopenher because they spend so much time in the saddle racking up miles.  

see !!! .... I have a lot of thought into this decision ....  :rolleyes: 

Edited by gnath9, January 11, 2014 - 05:51 PM.

• OathKeeper7 and 4strokers like this
  • Like This

• harcomo

TT Member

95 posts

Posted January 11, 2014 - 05:54 PM

Speaking of  Fastway pegs, I just got a set of their Evolution Air pegs yesterday that I had ordered directly from Pro Moto Billet in Idaho.  Got them put on the bike with no problems mounted in the lowboy position and they look and feel great!  I ordered the clear pegs as it matches the scheme of my bike the best as I don't have any black accessories on mine.  $190 for a set of pegs is steep but man I'm tellin' ya they are the shizzle!

• UtahPaul

TT Bronze Member

178 posts

Posted January 11, 2014 - 06:00 PM

I think it's quite evident you put a lot of time into research and thinking things thru. I very much appreciate and value all your contributions regarding this bike and gear. I look forward to heading out your way this summer, seeing your bike and learning as much as I can from you!

• gnath9
8,369 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 11, 2014 - 06:10 PM

I think it's quite evident you put a lot of time into research and thinking things thru. I very much appreciate and value all your contributions regarding this bike and gear. I look forward to heading out your way this summer, seeing your bike and learning as much as I can from you!

I hope you plan on learning about Jack Daniels as well ....  :p

• gnath9
8,369 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 11, 2014 - 06:11 PM

Speaking of  Fastway pegs, I just got a set of their Evolution Air pegs yesterday that I had ordered directly from Pro Moto Billet in Idaho.  Got them put on the bike with no problems mounted in the lowboy position and they look and feel great!  I ordered the clear pegs as it matches the scheme of my bike the best as I don't have any black accessories on mine.  $190 for a set of pegs is steep but man I'm tellin' ya they are the shizzle!

Thanks for posting ..... I feel a little better already ... a little broker but better ...  :lol:

I ordered direct as well ... I just hope the adventure peg was the right choice for me. They are basically the same peg other than dimensions  ... even tho I do plenty of research... for some reason I always doubt myself after I click submit ... :banghead:

Edited by gnath9, January 11, 2014 - 06:15 PM.

• Cat ji, Red Rider- and WildBillHickok like this
  • Like This

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Cranks by wolverine_05_

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF250R
  • 12 replies
Forums
Photo

Vforce 3 or boyesen rad valve for 01 cr250 by izcain

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   Honda 2-Stroke
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

250 2stroke jetting after pipe and rad valve by pwalker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Intake - Jetting / Fuel Injection
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Rad valve by dan2581

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   Honda 2-Stroke
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Boyesen water pump cover by ozglenn

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Kawasaki   KLX450R
  • 19 replies

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.