Transmission Swaps

1 reply to this topic
  • MaxPower

Posted November 03, 2012 - 05:10 AM

I know the WR and Yfz450 quad engines have probably more differences then they do likenesses. Has anyone ever compared the difference between a transmission between the two?
I have found the quad parts to be just a little more heavy duty to deal with the 4 wheel abuse

I'm thinking the quad trans may be a tougher build with wide ratios that could be helpful to a road converted WR
Just for replacements alone there are more quad motors parted than WR motors

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ukaszs2

Posted January 27, 2013 - 05:08 AM

I know this is old topic but my answer may be helpful for somebody.

When transmission broke down on my '05 wr i bought used one from quad yzf. The yzf transmission did not fit in my wr crankcase. On the yzf transmission, input and output shafts are longer. Gears are wider. Generally yzf transmission looks like more heavy duty.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.