FMF Q on Xr650r

14 replies to this topic
  • TimBrp

Posted November 13, 2003 - 04:41 AM

I've searched an seen many posts for the FMF Q exhaust on a 650l yet nothing in relation to a 650r. Anyone have one of these on their BRP? If so should I retain the stock header to keep the low end grunt or get another one? Any other exhaust that's NOT overly loud you could recommend over the Q for power delivery? Thanks in advance.

• jaybert600

Posted November 13, 2003 - 10:48 AM

I just installed mine this week with the stock header. I'll let you know when I ride this weekend.

• TimBrp

Posted November 13, 2003 - 10:50 AM

Great thanks!

• Eric_Mc

Posted November 24, 2003 - 02:59 PM

Well how did the FMF Q work with the stock header?

• BWB63

Posted November 24, 2003 - 03:09 PM

The power gain for the Q is almost nill (ok, nill) compared to the stock muffler with the HRC tip. Great eye candy! Money! The stock muffler with the HRC tip or stock tip drilled out and the baffles bent down meet the 96db sound limit. :)

• Eric_Mc

Posted November 24, 2003 - 03:12 PM

I was just curious if there was any low end gain? So far, I am happy with my stock pipe with the HRC tip. :)

• BWB63

Posted November 24, 2003 - 03:19 PM

Weren't you going to go with the Tera Flex and a 13 tooth counter shaft sprocket? :D Are you pulling out stumps at the farm? :D :) Thats crazy hook up and your looking for more low end? :D That is some major roost :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BWB63

Posted November 24, 2003 - 03:37 PM

At 3700' above sea level; What jetting are you running. (I looked up the elevation at the KOA camp at in MT. Lassen) and are you running an after market air filter? Holes in the cover? That Tera Flex is a major tractor tire! Wait till you see it in person! :D Biggest knobbies :) huge!

• Eric_Mc

Posted November 24, 2003 - 05:19 PM

No stump pulling, but I may need to drag a couple of bodies around sometime. I was really just curious about the results of the Q silencer. I need to get rid of the "Newbie" title under my name. I don't like it! :D :) :D

• Eric_Mc

Posted November 24, 2003 - 05:22 PM

At 3700' above sea level; What jetting are you running. (I looked up the elevation at the KOA camp at in MT. Lassen) and are you running an after market air filter? Holes in the cover? That Tera Flex is a major tractor tire! Wait till you see it in person! :D Biggest knobbies :) huge!

By the way, I live 1 mile north of the KOA!

• BWB63

Posted November 24, 2003 - 05:32 PM

Well, the Newbie mane is gone your a member now! Doesn't count if you reply to you own post thoe.

• BWB63

Posted November 24, 2003 - 05:36 PM

Go with the 68s pilot if you had the uncorking done at the shop. Helps stop it from getting hot when your going real slow and helps make it start easier. If you haven't put a 68s in it problably has the 65s. :)

• Eric_Mc

Posted November 24, 2003 - 06:01 PM

It feels good to be an "ex-Newbie". I do have the 68 pilot and 172 main It starts easy enough for me. Did your bike have the CA emissions junk? How do I get the stupid allen head bolt out to remove the emission tubes?

• BWB63

Posted November 24, 2003 - 07:01 PM

From the right side. I have my son get them out and back in with his small hands. I just brake it loose and lighten it. I cut the stock tubes about 3/4" with tin snips then weld the tube. Saves money and works just as good as the $34 part. You can't see it and if you have wire feed it's a breese. Stick a/c is easy also. :)

• LEWISCLAN

Posted November 24, 2003 - 07:49 PM

Bruce youve got another one on the line :D. hey x-newbie Bruce the guy your talking to (BWB63) he has completly set up my bike . my bike just rips I'm sure bruce will coach you through all the mods you can afford & all the cheep ones too :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.