MOTARD??? BRP???? Am I STUPID?????

7 replies to this topic
  • Archer

Posted November 12, 2003 - 11:40 PM

OK, you know I'm NEW here. I don't think I'm THAT slow, but I want to know... what's MOTARD??? I figured out BRP, and DISAGREE. Perhaps it's because I came from a KLR600 (the Buick). I got pretty good on it, but always got comments, praise, pity and people snickering behind my back. My XRL sure doesn't SEEM like a pig, and I don't care because I LIKE it. :)

• XR250rdr

Posted November 12, 2003 - 11:55 PM

Motard is street rubber on a dirt bike. Usually goes along with a big brake rotor and lowered suspension.

• needsprayer

Posted November 13, 2003 - 05:43 AM

Big Red Pig is a term of endearment for those that own one. It has to do with size, color, weight and the monsterous grunt that Pig makes as it rips up the ground. :D

The term BRP was originally created for the XR650R and later adopted by the other big bore Honda dirtbike riders. :)

• XR250rdr

Posted November 13, 2003 - 03:57 PM

And the term makes the rest of us that ride smaller bikes quiver in awe :)...at least in the desert.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Archer

Posted November 13, 2003 - 11:00 PM

Thanks all, I'm not as ignorant anymore <?>. NoMoMotard for me....

• TZAR

Posted November 14, 2003 - 11:36 AM

Archer,

I just finished my '04 XR650L Motard... It was a bear to pull it all together...plus it cost me some bucks; but I was too far gone to turn back. I'm super happy with the bike and the way it turned out; but I can't say I would do it again. It is a "perfect" street motard; but I need to take it to the track (Dec 5th) to give you some semi-race feedback.

I would have either baught a KTM SM (or like) out-right (already built), or alternatly built out a XR650R or CRF450 instead... Easier/cheaper!

Hope this helps!

Mahalo,

TZAR
:)

• MLB

Posted November 14, 2003 - 07:20 PM

KTM's next bike after the Duke 995 (which is practically a motard) is a motard. All the big 4 have show models, just a matter of popularity and catching on with the public.
I almost built a 96 XR600 I had 5 years ago. Thinking about one now, but also wondering what Honda's factory motard will be like :)

• MLB

Posted November 14, 2003 - 07:20 PM

OK, you know I'm NEW here. I don't think I'm THAT slow, but I want to know... what's MOTARD??? I figured out BRP, and DISAGREE. Perhaps it's because I came from a KLR600 (the Buick). I got pretty good on it, but always got comments, praise, pity and people snickering behind my back. My XRL sure doesn't SEEM like a pig, and I don't care because I LIKE it. :D

http://members.aol.com/xr650rr/ :)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.