front brake routing question . . .

5 replies to this topic
  • INJURY_69

Posted October 30, 2012 - 09:47 PM

I have an '03 450 and was wondering if I buy a front brake line and front fork protector(s) off a 05yz250f will it bolt straight on my bike?

• marv02

Posted October 31, 2012 - 04:54 AM

I have an '03 450 and was wondering if I buy a front brake line and front fork protector(s) off a 05yz250f will it bolt straight on my bike?

I dont think they will go to a parts web site and see if the parts numbers are the same.

• grayracer513

Posted October 31, 2012 - 06:47 AM

The '05 fork guards won't fit, but Lightspeed makes a set of late style white plastic guards for about $40 that bolt on and allow the use of the shorter, late style hose.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • marv02

Posted November 01, 2012 - 05:13 AM

I have a set on my 2000 426 but you have to trim the plastic fork slider guilde on the right fork inboard side (Tire Side) for the lightspeed fork guards to work.

I had to cut the ear off you see.

The '05 fork guards won't fit, but Lightspeed makes a set of late style white plastic guards for about $40 that bolt on and allow the use of the shorter, late style hose.

• grayracer513

Posted November 01, 2012 - 06:25 AM

The late style fork guards don't use the guide hooks that are used with the '98-'04 guards. Rather than cut them off, unbolt them and replace them with a rub ring made of a slice of 2" ABS drain pipe with a split on one side. Snap it right in place without fasteners.

In fact, just removing them and leaving the fork bare will work. Notice that Hondas don't use a rub ring at all, and it never becomes an issue.

• INJURY_69

Posted November 02, 2012 - 06:57 PM

Thanks guys I appreciate the responses.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.