2010-2013 YZ450F help

9 replies to this topic
  • lumpy790

Posted October 30, 2012 - 08:51 AM

Any one have their bike apart right now? Need to find out the sizes of the water pump fitting and the radiator fittings where the hose goes...... not just generic size but measured with a caliper

• KJ790

Posted October 30, 2012 - 10:05 AM

I'll have one apart very soon. I may be able to get that measurement for you tonight if nobody responds before that.

• lumpy790

Posted October 30, 2012 - 01:29 PM

that would be great thanks...... have a customer that says his hose did not fit and I have installed them on other scooters my self.....hoping its the same as my 08 ..... should be awfully close if not exactly the same.

• MX763

Posted October 30, 2012 - 01:51 PM

I have your hoses on my 11 and they work great. When I put oversize radiators on, the top hose wasn't long enough to connect the two radiators. I have since sourced a longer hose but that's the only issue I have had.

• lumpy790

Posted October 30, 2012 - 02:39 PM

I have your hoses on my 11 and they work great. When I put oversize radiators on, the top hose wasn't long enough to connect the two radiators. I have since sourced a longer hose but that's the only issue I have had.

We have literally 100's of them out there and I have installed several sets my self and this is the 1st problem.

Did you find the short water pump to radiator tight? He says it would not fit and he says he even had a shop try...... want to bet I can slide it right on? LOL

Wish I could find someone local that I could take pictures or video of me putting it on ..... any one in the Charlotte area want a good deal on a kit?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Greg Pennsiltucky Lykens

Posted October 30, 2012 - 04:45 PM

We have literally 100's of them out there and I have installed several sets my self and this is the 1st problem.

Did you find the short water pump to radiator tight? He says it would not fit and he says he even had a shop try...... want to bet I can slide it right on? LOL

Wish I could find someone local that I could take pictures or video of me putting it on ..... any one in the Charlotte area want a good deal on a kit?

Maybe he has the DrD lowering kit on his bike. I had to trim the hose to get it to fit on with the kit. The Kit lowers the radiators about 25 mm I think. If you don't trim, then the hose will kink, but otherwise the hoses fit fine Steve. and if your running stock, then the hoses fit fine without any mods.

• KJ790

Posted October 30, 2012 - 05:45 PM

Alright, I didn't have time to start tearing the bike down, but I was able to pull most of the hoses off and measure the fittings with calipers. Here is what I came up with:

Waterpump: 19.25mm and 17.5mm
Right radiator bottom: 18.5mm
Left radiator bottom: 15.5mm
Top radiator cross over: 16.5mm
Cylinder head: 22.9mm

I wasn't able to reach the top spout on the right radiator, if you really need I can pull the shroud off tomorrow and measure. The radiators on this bike are aftermarket, but the stock hoses are on it, so I'm sure the spouts are close to stock size.

• lumpy790

Posted October 30, 2012 - 07:53 PM

thank you KJ790 ... the water pump is the 17.5 where the hoses goes?

Maybe he has the DrD lowering kit on his bike. I had to trim the hose to get it to fit on with the kit. The Kit lowers the radiators about 25 mm I think. If you don't trim, then the hose will kink, but otherwise the hoses fit fine Steve. and if your running stock, then the hoses fit fine without any mods.

Thanks greg...He was having trouble with the short hose ID and want to double check just to be sure.

Edited by lumpy790, October 30, 2012 - 07:54 PM.

• KJ790

Posted October 31, 2012 - 02:13 AM

thank you KJ790 ... the water pump is the 17.5 where the hoses goes?

Thanks greg...He was having trouble with the short hose ID and want to double check just to be sure.

The spout coming out of the waterpump is a 'Y' shape. The part that goes straight up to the bottom of the right radiator is 19.25, while the part that goes to the left radiator is slightly smaller (17.5mm). Hope this helps.

• lumpy790

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:12 AM

The spout coming out of the waterpump is a 'Y' shape. The part that goes straight up to the bottom of the right radiator is 19.25, while the part that goes to the left radiator is slightly smaller (17.5mm). Hope this helps.

perfect!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.