Brake Pads ?????????

15 replies to this topic
  • Eagle426

Posted November 12, 2003 - 05:54 PM

Do you guys have any good recommendations for rear brake pads? I am down to the metal and need to change them!

• JerseyDirt

Posted November 13, 2003 - 06:41 AM

yeah, c'mon guys, which brake pads is everyone using? I wanna know too :)

• lightestYZF

Posted November 13, 2003 - 08:01 AM

Stock are the best but expensive

• DirkDiggler

Posted November 13, 2003 - 09:13 AM

I have always used EBC on my roadrace bikes. I have about six hours on a set of EBC fronts on my 426, just bedded in so I cant really give an opinion yet. I bought a set of SBS for the rear from a TT member, should be in soon. I will let you know what I think once I put some time on them.

• YamaMonty925

Posted November 13, 2003 - 08:17 PM

Vesrah pads are my faves. Just drop them in and go. They don't need all the bed-in procedure like EBC.
The Vesrah work better than EBC on my Supermoto and they worked better on my TZ250.
Try 'em, you'll love 'em. If you don't I'll be surprised.

• JerseyDirt

Posted November 14, 2003 - 06:16 AM

Thanks for the info guys. More opinions are always welcome.

• PumpkinHumper

Posted November 14, 2003 - 08:52 AM

Ive been running Vesra pads also. I like them. They work better for me than EBC. I have no use for EBC. Been burnt too many times by them. Never again.

I hear that Dunlopads are about the best. They are just a little hard to find.

• Burnrider

Posted November 16, 2003 - 01:19 PM

Vesrah- check out the TT store for a good price

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • blue_beast_wins

Posted November 16, 2003 - 11:07 PM

Stock pads give the best pad life.

• sjw

Posted November 17, 2003 - 09:26 AM

• RCannon

Posted November 17, 2003 - 06:10 PM

If you buy EBc's (MXS, I believe), watch the pads that come with the pins. The pads are ok (not great) :), but one of my pins had threads that were so bad they would have stripped out the caliper. I caught it quick and did not force it, so no big deal.

If their quality controll sucks this bad, I dont want to trust their pads. I bought Galfers and have been happy with them. Rocky Mountain started selling the Galfer brand, so price is not much of an issue.

• PumpkinHumper

Posted November 18, 2003 - 06:50 AM

Get some Moose brake pins. They have Hex heads and are way easier to remove from the caliper than the stock allen head pins. The stock allen head pins have a tend to sieze in the caliper.

• JerseyDirt

Posted November 18, 2003 - 11:01 AM

I ordered the Vesrahs from the TT store for $54 both front and back w/ shipping. How much are you guys paying for the stock pads? Are they only available from the dealer?

• RCannon

Posted November 18, 2003 - 03:34 PM

That is exactly what I did. It bothered me to have to do so. The EBC's had that gimmic of coming with free pins. I guess a guy gets what he pays for.

• BJE

Posted November 20, 2003 - 05:40 PM

I will never buy anything but stock pads again. The aftermarket pads seem to either a) squeak excessively, :) wear way too fast, or c) do both.

The OE pads are great quality.

• YamaGeek

Posted November 20, 2003 - 05:56 PM

I'm with many of the others, Genuine Yamaha are the best.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.