Antifreeze Question

3 replies to this topic

Posted November 12, 2003 - 04:44 PM

Has anyone heard of a product called Engine Ice and if so have you tried it. I have heard it makes the bike run 10 degrees cooler. :)

• Tom_Rowlee

Posted November 12, 2003 - 06:19 PM

I haven't tried it but i herd it work'es good . I use water wetter and silkoline pro cool . the water wetter helps to lower the operating temp but has no freeze protection thats were the pro-cool come's in, the combination workes good for me .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mxchic

Posted November 12, 2003 - 06:42 PM

Most of the people I ride with run engine ice. My husband and I use it. My brother-inlaw uses in his WR426, and friend uses it in his CRF450. I don't know much cooler a bike will run using this product, but none of us have had probems overheating. I guess the only way to know for sure is to get one of those engine thermometers and see what the reading is without and with the engine ice.

• yamahasocal450

Posted November 12, 2003 - 06:52 PM

i use it,i looked at the stock junk and said ew, so i put some engine ice in there and it looks cooler in the over flow tank.. but yes it works very well especially in the summer when the bike would start acting funny on very very tight trails, i put it in and it ran perfectly, it also lowers oil temps :) :D

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.