WR400F Spark plug

5 replies to this topic
  • nakkas

Posted October 28, 2012 - 05:13 PM

Can some one confirm, in a past thread someone stated that you can use a CR8EK instead of the CR8E. The EK is longer than the standard E.

• dbart250

Posted October 28, 2012 - 05:44 PM

Are you hell bent on the double electrode or is it all you got? Do you know how much longer it is or are you asking?

• nakkas

Posted October 28, 2012 - 05:48 PM

The EK is about 3 mm longer. This is what the bike shop gave me.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dbart250

Posted October 28, 2012 - 06:22 PM

My only advice when it comes to engine internals is keep it the same. 3mm is a lot. Id see if the shop will give you what you are supposed to have. Hopefully someone on here will know better tho, that was just my .02.

• Thommo_400f

Posted October 29, 2012 - 11:40 AM

I've been using the ek version without any issues. It has been much more robust than std when I was having jetting issues. Others would foul in 2 minutes. The ek version would at least keep running.

• Andrewintas

Posted November 01, 2012 - 12:58 AM

I have a 99 wr 400 with 33000+ kays on it, practically all off road, but i put an iridium plug in it about 20 000km ago, never a problem since

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.