Leaks

2 replies to this topic
  • MaxPower

Posted October 26, 2012 - 11:15 AM

From sitting my WR was leaking out the overflow super bad. I cleaned the needle valve and seat. But no go. It worked for a few minutes . I want to get a new needle valve, but dont see a part number for the brass seat. Would anyone know if that part alone is available from somewhere?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thommo_400f

Posted October 27, 2012 - 02:30 AM

As a temporary fix. Check that the little piston on the back of the needle valve is able to press in and spring back. If it gets stuck the float doesn't apply enough pressure to seal properly.

• 72degrees

Posted October 27, 2012 - 04:45 AM

From a quick google it looks as if it depends which WR and which year. For a 400 or 426 the complete needle valve assembly is available from places like jetsrus but for a 450 only the float needle itself is listed. I had the same problem on a 96 YZ250 - no brass seat available as separate part. Some people have got lucky 'lapping' in float valve seats. If the stuck piston tip doesn't help check for obvious ridging of the cone shaped tip of the needle and replace it. A new one seems to be about 20 dollars and may be enough to seat properly if the valve seat isn't damaged. I had to get a used carb off Ebay in the end for my YZ250.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.