Snow conversion kit WR450

14 replies to this topic
  • revyrider

Posted October 23, 2012 - 06:39 AM

Anybody out there have a snow conversion kit for their WR450? Which kit do you run & how well does it work? I live in the B.C. rockies & we get TONS of snow making for a very short riding season & want to ride year round without the expense & hassle of owning a snowmobile.

• BadRobster

Posted October 23, 2012 - 12:53 PM

I have a 2Moto Radix kit on my wr450 -06 and it is even more fun than during summer. That kit will not work to well in your winter conditions. For the same reason I am switching my 2Moto kit to a Timbersled Mountain Horse kit instead. VERY hard to get stuck with and you will not believe how good they work in the steep and deep.

I have raced mx for years and now go dirt biking as often as possible, but if I had to choose between summer dirt biking or winter Snowbiking I would not hesitate for a second. I would choose Snowbiking every day of the week.

Check this vid out to get a feel for it.

Rob

• revyrider

Posted October 24, 2012 - 04:43 PM

Thanks for the info Badrobster.Loved the video-looks just like the terrain around here!

Edited by revyrider, October 24, 2012 - 04:44 PM.

• YamaLink

Posted October 25, 2012 - 06:57 AM

2Moto has sponsored a wildly-successful snow bike race in McCall, Idaho, in the past few years. They'd bring in a lot of big-name racers and motorsport athlets and let them go at it on a golf course!!! Arguably the highight of the big winter festival.

• levy1

Posted October 25, 2012 - 07:31 PM

I want one!

• GuyGraham

Posted October 26, 2012 - 12:40 AM

but if I had to choose between summer dirt biking or winter Snowbiking I would not hesitate for a second. I would choose Snowbiking every day of the week.

looks ok to get out in the winter, but you'd really choose it over blasting around /racing on the dirt in the summer?

• MaxPower

Posted October 26, 2012 - 10:53 AM

other than expense, is there a reason that someone would choose that over a snowmobile? I know they make some pretty trick sleds

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Darvo

Posted October 26, 2012 - 03:03 PM

other than expense, is there a reason that someone would choose that over a snowmobile? I know they make some pretty trick sleds

It's kind of like comparing dirt bikes to quads... Quads / snowmobiles are great for putting around in the woods while drinking beer with your buds. Dirt bikes / snowbikes are great for hauling a$$ through the tight trees and going where no-one else can.

looks ok to get out in the winter, but you'd really choose it over blasting around /racing on the dirt in the summer?

I sure would! It's a sad day when the track comes off and the tires go back on.

• revyrider

Posted October 27, 2012 - 09:59 AM

I GOTTA get one! I am gonna start saving now & can hopefully get one next fall(they cost more than my wr did!)

• tomk

Posted November 03, 2012 - 07:50 AM

I have one on an 03 it works perfectly for trails and Medium deep snow but out west in the really deep StuffIt the mx bikes really shine over the wr, not saying no don't do it they are still a blast the tranny can be a little tougher to deal with in the steep technical stuff. Where are u located?

• peaceofwork

Posted November 03, 2012 - 07:58 AM

if you guys like this stuff check out a site called BACKCOUNTRYREBELS lots of cool stuff-home built snow bikes etc

• revyrider

Posted November 03, 2012 - 10:33 AM

I live in Revelstoke B.C. Canada which is famous for the enormous amounts of snow we get which attracts thousands of snowmobilers from all over N. America.I just want to ride the same trails in the winter as I do in the summer,NOT in the same areas as the sled crowd-too redneckish for me!

• tomk

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:09 AM

I live in Revelstoke B.C. Canada which is famous for the enormous amounts of snow we get which attracts thousands of snowmobilers from all over N. America.I just want to ride the same trails in the winter as I do in the summer,NOT in the same areas as the sled crowd-too redneckish for me!

Bcr Is a great site for snowbikes but also snowest, and their is a guy on snowest, rush44, who has an 08wr with a kit also in revy! He always has a lot of good info on snowbikes and his wr on the site you should look him up!

• revyrider

Posted November 03, 2012 - 06:18 PM

Thanks for the info tomk! I will check this site out.

• BadRobster

Posted January 06, 2013 - 10:17 PM

It's kind of like comparing dirt bikes to quads... Quads / snowmobiles are great for putting around in the woods while drinking beer with your buds. Dirt bikes / snowbikes are great for hauling a$$ through the tight trees and going where no-one else can.

I sure would! It's a sad day when the track comes off and the tires go back on.

Darvo. I could not have said it better. I LOVE riding in the summer, but I would swap all riding days in all summers for one superb winters day on my snowbike. That much more fun it is to me. I cannot put words that explains the factor, cause it is the closest to heaven I have been when having fun on a bike.

//Rob

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.