New 2011 wr450! Couple of things...

3 replies to this topic
  • idrzaho

Posted October 22, 2012 - 08:12 PM

Well, I guess I'm a wr450 guy now. I just picked up a very slightly used (less than 200 miles!) 2011 wr450 with all free mods done, FMF Ti exhaust, re-sprung and re-valved suspension, handguards, rad guards, skidplate, etc. I'm coming off a 2002 Suzuki DRZ400E, and I absolutley love this thing. It's everything loved about the DRZ, just better in every way. I do, however, have a couple of small things to remedy that my searches have not answered. First of all, I switched to reserve yesterday at 39 miles :( I was hoping to get a (slightly) larger tank that is not a huge, bulbous eyesore like I have on my YZ250, that i rack my nuts on. Anyone have one they like that maybe comes in black? Also, that seat is like a soft brick. My ass has never been so sore, great way to get me up on the pegs! Is there such a thing as a lower/softer seat? Thanks for any input.

• MANIAC998

Posted October 23, 2012 - 03:27 AM

Guts makes some different density seat foam, but I don't believe any are lower than stock. But with there softest option, you would settle into in farther, and perhaps that would be low enough?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • n16ht5

Posted October 23, 2012 - 06:58 AM

get an IMS.

• jcbikes

Posted October 23, 2012 - 02:20 PM

When I do rides over 80 miles on my 426, I where padded bicycle shorts. Helps a lot.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.